How long is a Google Review still considered "valid" in your mind?

• 1 Year

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 2 Years

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 3 Years

• 4 Years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5+ Years

• Total voters
Reaction score
I suppose this may be more of an opinion poll, but I can't find much on what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to get a feel for how long a Google review is really valuable. Meaning, in Accounting terms, what's the "useful life" of a Google review? How long after it's posted is it no longer considered "valid"?

I understand that (generally) once you have a Google review it's good forever, but at what point does the consumer no longer consider it useful? I'm trying to look through the eyes of a millennial who sees a review and says, "Well, that was X years ago... They may not be that good anymore."

Thoughts?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Scott,

I answered 5+ years. For me, a review is always going to provide some value regardless of how old it is. The value may slightly diminish or morph from one perspective or another, but I am always interested in how a business has been reviewed over the course of their entire life.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom