More threads by dheergm

dheergm

Reaction score
Why Google is still failed to control the fake reviewers, why they are not banning the listings.

My competitor is using fake reviews all days, and also faking likes on reviews.
How each review is getting 3 to 4 likes just after posting.

Anyone can help to report, have already reported Google so many times but there is no action.

The listing is : LA HVAC Expert INC.

Look at the profile name of reviewers.
Look at the pattern, each review getting 3-4 likes just after posting the review.

If I were you I would put all the evidence into a Google doc and post at the Google business profile forum.

Review this article before posting. How to Get Help on the Google Business Profile Help Community (Forum) - Sterling Sky Inc

I thought Product Expert Member can help in this. Why they can't? They just point out the Google support team. Why can't they report those listings/reviewers from their own account?
For ex here, if you will report it to Google, I am sure they will take action.

I would not focus on the reviews as not a ranking factor. The hvac receiving those fake reviews will look terrible to their clients when all those get removed by a google sweep.
Every 6 months or so during a google update google will sweep the fake reviews and companies involved are likely to have their listings permanently suspended.

Another possibility is their future real reviews will be filtered as google tightens their listings spam review filter.

Submit the documents one time see what happens and let the universe take care of it. Everything will work out well in the end.
Use that extra time to focus on your own business and you’ll be better off all around not just in the rankings.

I would suggest using the redressal form and see if Google will remove the profile for TOS violations. A. The entire name is in all caps, which is a no no. B. The registered address with the SOS is a PoBox. C. Google might find other issues with the business profile to suspend it thus taking care of the reviews.

I would not focus on the reviews as not a ranking factor. The hvac receiving those fake reviews will look terrible to their clients when all those get removed by a google sweep.
Every 6 months or so during a google update google will sweep the fake reviews and companies involved are likely to have their listings permanently suspended.

Another possibility is their future real reviews will be filtered as google tightens their listings spam review filter.

Submit the documents one time see what happens and let the universe take care of it. Everything will work out well in the end.
Use that extra time to focus on your own business and you’ll be better off all around not just in the rankings.

I respectfully disagree with you. Reviews are a ranking factor. The fake reviews are adding keywords in the reviews, which will help the business to rank better. There is no guarantee that Google will remove the reviews in 6 months or this person's business will be able to wait out Google taking action.

So the plot thickens. This competitor has 3 business profiles. Two are SABs with overlapping service areas and 3rd one is in Irvine. If you report all 3 business profiles, Google should be able to remove all 3 of them.

@keyserholiday. I agree with everything you said.
I personally have never seen KW in reviews have a ranking component.
I have seen a company lose all their reviews in a competitive niche and not loose any rankings though.

@keyserholiday. I agree with everything you said.
I personally have never seen KW in reviews have a ranking component.
I have seen a company lose all their reviews in a competitive niche and not loose any rankings though.

I deal with a lot of lead generation spam. The spammers buy fake reviews with keywords sprinkled into the reviews. Here is one classic example. Each review mentions garage door repair or a specific service. One thing most people don't know about reviews is that they are tied to the reviewer's account and not the business profile. Meaning when Google removes or filters out a review, it's not completely gone. The reviews are still visible on the reviewer's profile while not being shown publicly on the business profile. So unless flagging and removing positive reviews significantly lowers the overall rating, it's not worth flagging the reviews or waiting on a Google sweep. This is precisely why I am recommending reporting all 3 business profiles for removal as that is the only way to remove the reviews.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom