More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I just wanted to give you a heads up that currently no reviews can be posted or responded to on Google. We're waiting for messaging from Google regarding this to see how long this will be in effect. In the meantime, I would suggest not asking people to leave reviews until it starts working again. We'll let you know when we hear back.

1584732957793.png

while I get it - it's likely that there will be tons of negative reviews for businesses that aren't true indicators of that business in normal times - it sucks they're stopping Q&A - there's a TON of value in letting business owners seed questions about how they're handling things and if they're still open or not... so kinda disappointing that they pulled that too

Google is completely overreacting. They appear to be in full lockdown mode, temporarily closed for business and not stopping reviews and removing Q&A. I am not sure what’s driving their decisions. I’d love to know.

So the Q&A doesn't even appear in the Knowledge Panel anymore, either on mobile or desktop. However, Posts are still relatively quick to go live. They can be a great way for businesses to communicate their Covid -19 response to their communities.
I wanted to share some generic posts "shells" that I have designed for my clients. All you have to do is add your logo to them. I hope they can help local businesses during this challenging time.

C19RK_Doggy_V2.png

C19RK_Kitty_V2.png

C19RK_SFH.png

C19RK_SFH_v2.png

C19RK_Sleeping.png

Just had my first post rejected...one I have used many times before. It's for a mortgage company, so not sure if it's rejecting due to the Covid crisis or what. Posted on 8 other clients pages for clients just fine, this is only one rejected.

FYI - I tried to contact GMB this morning and phone support & chat support are both disabled. Sending them an email is the only way to contact them directly at the moment.

My copywriter in Brisbane AU says she is still able to write reviews for businesses.

Any info on if the reviews that are being posted now will eventually show up after the GMB team is back to work? Or are the reviews lost forever?

I see that if I post a review somewhere it shows up under my own account that I posted it, however it's not visible to the business or the public.

Google is completely overreacting. They appear to be in full lockdown mode, temporarily closed for business and not stopping reviews and removing Q&A. I am not sure what’s driving their decisions. I’d love to know.
They are short-staffed due to safety measures the company has taken.

It seems that Google is now allowing reviews on GMB listings, however, at least some are not being published right away.

Reactions: Jac
Google never stopped the collection of reviews. They just stopped publishing them on March 20th. Google has now allowed some categories to have new reviews published.

That's interesting - I definitely saw GMB Listings previously where the "Leave A Review" link had disappeared completely.

These are different things. Google didn’t remove the “write a review” feature for any businesses. Honestly, I wish they had. I would have made it much easier to answer one question on the GMB forum. The only time Google removes the “write a review” feature is when they see cases of abuse. I wrote about it here.

Google never stopped the collection of reviews. They just stopped publishing them on March 20th. Google has now allowed some categories to have new reviews published.
Does anybody want to share what categories they are now seeing new reviews? I tested a grocery store, and I see two new reviews in the last 3 days. The most recent review before that is from 4 weeks ago.

Does anybody want to share what categories they are now seeing new reviews? I tested a grocery store, and I see two new reviews in the last 3 days. The most recent review before that is from 4 weeks ago.

I left a review for Whitespark - it hasn't shown up yet.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom