More threads by Rich Owings

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
I'm adding a screenshot showing a restaurant where Google is pulling event schema from a different website -- a business with the same name on the other side of the pond. Any suggestions about correcting this?

festive_linocut_print_workshop__november_20_-_Google_Search.png

@Rich Owings this is happening a LOT lately. Your best bet is to reach out to the GMB team and ask them to remove it.

@Phil Rozek I followed that link, and filled it out. Here is what they said... "Unfortunately I cannot answer your questions about Google My Business. If you are the business owner, learn more about managing your business listing on Google My Business. To submit general feedback, click the feedback button in the lower right hand corner of the knowledge panel. " I may try GMB social support, but the event date is today, so I don't know that they will look at it in time.

@Rich Owings, I'm not too surprised. That "Events" section falls into an weird gap: it's not specific to GMB (non-local businesses have a similar thing), but in this case it is for a local business.

Probably still worth wrestling with "support" over this. Presumably the London business will hold more events in the future.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom