JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I found out about this today and absolutely love it. Linda Buquet introduced me to Marie Haynes a couple years ago and she's my go-to-expert on anything relating to backlinks, manual penalties or Penguin.

She has a tool that allows you to insert a URL if you're not sure if it's bad or not and she'll let you know if she's come across it and what she thinks:

https://www.mariehaynes.com/blacklist/

Ex: I had a client who had a former SEO try and claim that 247WebDirectory.com - General Web Directory was a wonderful directory because Moz said it had authority. When you put it in her tool, you'll get:

Directory Spam.jpg

Directory Spam.jpg

mborgelt

Reaction score
Very useful. Thanks, Joy. Finally a quick way to check a specific link without having to jump into Majestic or Moz.

Marie Haynes

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Thanks so much for posting this Joy.

I've been working on my blacklist for over three years now. Every time I do a link audit, if I come across a domain that I would always want to disavow or perhaps that I would always want to keep, I'll update my blacklist.

I had a bunch of people ask me if I would sell it, but rather than do that I thought I'd create a tool to allow people to check a link across my blacklist. I've considered offering a paid service to allow a bulk check of links and may still do so if there is enough interest.

I've had lots of people suggest that I crowdsource the data and allow others to add to the list. When I first made my blacklist, this is exactly what I did. I had a lot of other peoples' disavow files because I have reviewed quite a few. But I found that I could not rely on other people's link auditing decisions. I was finding many domains in the blacklist that didn't belong there. As such, every domain that is in this list is one that I have personally reviewed.

I'm always looking for ways to improve upon the tool and am open for feedback.

Thanks!

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Very cool! Thanks for stopping by Marie!

And thanks for sharing Joy!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
mborgelt A Great Comparison of Citation Tools Local Search 3
Chris Ratchford Great Article- Insiders Guide To Selecting The Right Local SEO Tools Local SEO Tools & Software 7
S What makes a great Home/Landing Page in Local? Local Search 6
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
Jim Froling Great Link Building Lessons by Base Academy Recycle Bin 0
raellovepie Google Messaging shows if it came from KP Quote button. Great for tracking & reply context. Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Rich Owings Great blogs that don't convert Organic SEO 2
Tim Colling LocalU Advanced in Santa Monica was GREAT today! Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Google Local Service Ads Expanding + Great insights from @mblumenthal & @davidmih Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Eric Rohrback Great new Local Post on the Moz Blog - Thanks Miriam! Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Great organic rankings, but hit by Possum Local Search 8
Y Not Many Backlinks, But Great On Ranking - Huh? Organic SEO 14
Eric Rohrback A Great Story about a Manual Penalty - How would you fix it? Marketing 6
Linda Buquet An Ultimate Guide to Local SEO? Great for New Staff Training / Orientation Local Search 5
Jim Froling Great advice from Phil Rozek Consultant's Corner 4
Dustybones Great Local SEO Is About Great Marketing: 16 Ideas To Success Local Search 1
Dustybones 5 Great Tips to Improving Your Schema Markup Local Search 1
Colan Nielsen Great Keyword Research Tip Local Search 6
Dustybones Great Idea To Track Competitor Content Changes Organic SEO 1
Dustybones 3 Great Local Search Ideas Using Natural SEO Local Search 1
Mark Warner Great Mobile Device Emulator Please? Mobile & Social 9
P Great Ranking in Local Results, Poor Ranking in Organic Help & Support for Google Local 7
Linda Buquet Google Launches Greatly Enhanced Business Photos - Google My Business Update Google My Business & Google Maps 19
cleverlyengaged How to Claim Dunn & Bradstreet & Great List of Other Business Data Aggregators Local Search 11
Dustybones 31 great ideas for winning in SEO Organic SEO 0
7 Dentist with a GREAT website and GREAT local pages listing gets KILLEDby others! Help & Support for Google Local 2
Linda Buquet Great Google My Business and Google+ Page Manager Resource Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Chris McCreery What a great G+ listing Description Consultant's Corner 14
Linda Buquet Google Study re Local/Mobile Advertising - Tons of Great Stats! Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Michael S. Doran Let's talk about niche businesses that don't have a great category fit Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Dustybones Another great list of SEO Guides for you to chew on. Local Search 2
D Great guide on creating landing pages for different business models Local Content 2
Dustybones Great guide on creating landing pages for different business models Local Content 2
Linda Buquet Great List of Canadian Citations Citations 0
Linda Buquet Great Google+ Local Interview with Mike Blumenthal Clears Confusion Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Why Great LOCAL SEO Is Expensive - Infographic Local Search 9
Linda Buquet Local SEO S.A.L.S.A. Recipe - Great Recipe for Success Local Search 2
Linda Buquet LocalBusiness Schema Greatly Expanded - See Full List Local Search 2
Linda Buquet HOT Google Review Trick & Great Example of Why we Have a Review Spam Filter Local Reviews 12
Linda Buquet Google+ Local Review Q&A + Great Tips Local Search 12
L The Art of Seducing Google with Great Content Local Content 0
Local Search News Curator The Art of Seducing Google with Great Content Local Content 0
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
david.victor Best SEO/GMB Reporting Tools for Outreach? Consultant's Corner 4
shively Microsoft Clarity (Local SEO heatmap tool) Local Search 2
R Free GMB Posting Tool: Postamatic by TwoOctobers.Com Google My Business & Google Maps 0
nathangdavidson Anyone using Google's Marketing Kit tool to promote reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
PKLilikoi "Redirect Notice" in Google causing Toxic Link issue in Tools Organic SEO 3
Chris Sheehy SOP Tools? Consultant's Corner 4
Gsmithmike The most accurate Tool to show Local Search Result for Geo Targeting keywords? Local SEO Tools & Software 3