More threads by sarmcl

sarmcl

Solutions
Reaction score
So I am stumped what to do here but maybe @JoyHawkins can give me best practice

• Current client is leaving our agency. We only have manager access. The original agency who got this listing verified is the owner. However , that agency no longer exists and nobody has the password to this account
  • Client wants ownership access to the listing since they are leaving
  • Since we are only managers, we can not grant anyone access
  • Client DID request access to the listing and got no response

Can I reach out to Google support and see if theyll grant me ownership access OR does the client have to reach out to support?

I think you will find your answers there:

If it was me, I would:
- Wait until the end of the contract and remove your connection with the profile
- Advise the client to request ownership and give these instructions: Request ownership of a Business Profile - Google Business Profile Help

I find it easier to request ownership when there are no managers and only one owner on the account.
You can go the extra mile and help the client through the request.

All the best

The client can re-verify the listing himself by following the instructions Professor M listed above. If the current owner doesn't respond in 3-7 days it will let him click a button to reverify it.

You can simply remove yourselves as a manager.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom