J_RaD

Reaction score
when notating important citation matching info on the footer of each page.

im using hcard data... a little searching and it seems its a 50/50 between this and using the < address > tag

hcard seems to make more sense to me.

any thoughts?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi J_RaD, and welcome to the forum! :)

hCard still works but actually Schema is the new standard.

Anytime you get Google, Microsoft and Yahoo to agree on a standard it's a pretty big deal and Google is really pushing it. So that's what I'd go with for NAP going forward.

But again if you have clients and lots of sites and it would be too hard to change, it's OK, but new sites or ones that can be easily changed, go Schema.

If you use the search box we have tons of posts about Schema and there are lots of local search tools that help you create the code. Let us know if you need more help.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing. There are a couple other tools like the 1st one but I think that's the one most use here.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
WineCountryCarpetCleaning Hcard review Local Reviews 6
Justin hCards for Multiple Locations Local Search 2
EduarddeBoer Problem with two different locations having same address Google My Business & Google Maps 9
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
1 GMB Listing Disabled after updating address... Google My Business & Google Maps 12
BenFisher PSA: GMB Not Showing Address Form on Verification - BUG Google My Business & Google Maps 3
B Rebranding: same services, same team, same address, new name, new URL Moving or Name Changes 9
B Removed address to SAB now no longer showing in map pack Service Area Businesses 8
AdvoAd Different addresses in knowledge panel Moving or Name Changes 4
L How to reset the address that has been hidden on GMB, if they move locations? Local Search 1
L Does selecting a service area for hidden address business have negative effects? Moving or Name Changes 1
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
B Will Removing Addresses for Multiple State SAB Result in Dup Listing or Suspension? Service Area Businesses 4
M Google keeps reverting our clients address, no matter how many times we send a postcard Moving or Name Changes 4
S GMB Address Update for SAB Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Dino Google not updating an address. Any ideas? Moving or Name Changes 2
A Multiple service based locations in different provinces with one physical address Multi-Location Issues 1
J Trying to figure out correct address format for GMB profile Moving or Name Changes 4
petrakraft Wrong location of an address in Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Charles Jenkins SCHEMA For local business with address hidden? Local Search 1
P GMB Physical Address Keeps Reverting Local Search 4
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
F How To Determine a Good GMB Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
P Is it possible to create a second GMB page for a new business based at same address and landline? Multi-Location Issues 1
P How to clain GMB with wrong address? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
NevenaIvanova Adding Floor to Hotel's address? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
SmallBizGeek Moved a business to a new address, but no confirmation PIN? Moving or Name Changes 1
JoyHawkins [Technical Issue] Don't Change the Address on Service Area Business Listings Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
M Business Suspended for Using Virtual Address, Moving to New Real Location Moving or Name Changes 4
Tim Colling How to find the email address of another User on a GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
NickB-Tampa Listing with no ratings and incorrect address outranking listings for same business with good ratings and proper addresses Google My Business & Google Maps 5
stevedimatteo Separate Businesses at Same Mailing Address Google My Business & Google Maps 3
david.victor Brand New GMB Listing Suspended (I think) because of...address(?) NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
raellovepie 1 Address - 9 Confirmed Listings | Best way to report? Spam on Google 5
B SAB With Virtual Address - Advice Needed Help & Support for Google Local 4
S Is it possible to verify two SAB businesses with the same address if the address will be hidden? Service Area Businesses 2
C Client with multiple address across citations and web properties All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
Gordon.Ligon SAB vs Physical Address, and its ramifications for NAP citations Service Area Businesses 7
dave101 Shown vs Hidden Address on Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3
G Address not usable for GMB location Moving or Name Changes 2
sixthcitysarah USPS Has Marked this Address Inactive? Recycle Bin 1
M NinjaForm+Stripe: Shipping address not passed to Stripe Recycle Bin 0
Mmclean07 How to handle 2 offices at same address? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Adam C. Residential Address For Service Area Business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
R Two Local Businesses Share One Address Local Search 3
S Changing the address of a SAB business Service Area Businesses 3
virens Reporting SABs incorrectly set up with fixed addresses Spam on Google 12