More threads by gray0620

gray0620

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for insight into what page I should link to one of our GBP location pages. Currently, we have 4 service locations, each with its own respective service pages. I understand that I should be linking those pages to the GBP profile but I'm afraid we're going to lose all of our rankings for one of our locations which are linked to our home page (higher authority).

My question is, should I link to the home page which has more authority but not as specific to the key words as our service pages or should I link to the service page?

Solution
If the location is already ranking and performing well I might leave it pointing to the homepage. If there is a lot of opportunity for improvement I would try linking to the specific service/location page. The cool thing is that if you make the change and are unhappy with the result, you can simply change it back.
If the location is already ranking and performing well I might leave it pointing to the homepage. If there is a lot of opportunity for improvement I would try linking to the specific service/location page. The cool thing is that if you make the change and are unhappy with the result, you can simply change it back.

Solution

So changing GBP link seasonally won't cause any red flags?

Some parts of the year link it to the home page and other times to a specific service page.

There's always a risk of edits triggering a suspension, but changing it in and of itself certainly isn't a red flag.

Why's that, I thought the titles (and ranking key words) on the GBP linked landing page made a big difference to what you show up for?
Yep, what @JS Girard said. You don't want to continually change the focus of a page on your website because of the impact on organic rankings.

Yep, what @JS Girard said. You don't want to continually change the focus of a page on your website because of the impact on organic rankings.

Thanks guys. But that is the whole idea, no risk to GBP suspension for changing linked page and the seasonal changes to the home page organic rankings, sure it take a few weeks or so, but if the market changes seasonally and GBP changes are risky, not many other choices.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom