More threads by JCL Marketing

Reaction score
Took over a listing for a company here in Chicago a few years back. Busiest listing I’ve ever seen. 50-100 calls a day. It was set up using a keyword and not the business name but it was so successful I didn’t want to mess with it. Other companies began to duplicate it using the same keyword and Google eventually suspended all of us despite the fact we applied for and were given the keyword as our assumed business name. After being suspended once we showed this paperwork through phone support and they reinstated our listing. A few months later it was suspended again and when I called to speak with GMB phone support they told me it’s suspended and nothing can be done about it and hung up on me. In addition to all the traffic We had over 100 five star reviews. Do I have any recourse other than starting over? Ideally I’d like to replace all of our current citations with the correct business name and new address? Any insight into this would be much appreciated.

This sounds like an example of when calling GMB support did not go well, obviously.

Did you try calling back a day later or something, to see whether you could get a different, better outcome?

Thanks for the reply. They were so resolute when they said it I didn’t think about calling back. I’ll try again. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. They were so resolute when they said it I didn’t think about calling back. I’ll try again. Thanks again.

Let us know how that call goes! :)

I did when we had to prove the name but will try this again as well. Thanks for sending this over.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom