More threads by beisbol16

beisbol16

Solutions
Reaction score
So I have decided to strongly consider changing my gmb business name (& start a new LLC)
To: Lehigh Power Washing

To help make my final decision, I would love some help on technically doing that without GMB suspending my. Based on my research, below is my plan…

1. Research domain and LLC name availability (I did this; Lehigh Power Washing is good to go)
2. Buy domain (I did this already)
3. Register Lehigh Power Washing as an llc

Now here’s where it get scary…

4. On my current website (SteriSweep) change the logo and text to Lehigh Power Washing. In other words, sterisweep dot com will show the new logo and I will find and replace STERI SWEEP with LEHIGH POWER WASHING

5. After website content is updated, submit a gmb name change request

6. After the skies are clear (not sure how to know this) with the gmb name change, I can change the gmb domain link to the new website: Lehigh power washing Dot com. Then I will 301 redirect STERI SWEEP to LEHIGH POWER WASHING

7. Update citations on other websites

Any thoughts, tips, or tricks on this? Thanks!

There is no way to advise if you or won't get suspended. One of four things will happen when you edit any of the following fields:
Name
Category
Address
Phone Number
Website URL

1. The edit will immediately get accepted
2. The edit will go into pending review
3. Google will force you to reverify your business
4. You will get suspended

Please note it is currently taking 9+ days to hear back on all reinstatement cases. Making one or two of the edits could easily trigger a suspension. You could also get hit with an account-level suspension. If that were to happen Google will advise you to start a brand new account.

Both Joy and I are against your proposed name change and I don't understand why you are proceeding forward with the name change and rebrand. I don't believe that it will help you to accomplish your desired outcome. I would work on your website content and include the keywords that you want to rank for you.

There is no way to advise if you or won't get suspended. One of four things will happen when you edit any of the following fields:
Name
Category
Address
Phone Number
Website URL

1. The edit will immediately get accepted
2. The edit will go into pending review
3. Google will force you to reverify your business
4. You will get suspended

Please note it is currently taking 9+ days to hear back on all reinstatement cases. Making one or two of the edits could easily trigger a suspension. You could also get hit with an account-level suspension. If that were to happen Google will advise you to start a brand new account.

Both Joy and I are against your proposed name change and I don't understand why you are proceeding forward with the name change and rebrand. I don't believe that it will help you to accomplish your desired outcome. I would work on your website content and include the keywords that you want to rank for you.

Thanks. I really value Joy and your opinion, so thanks for taking the time to respond.

The problem I’m having is that I may want to choose a name that allows for more services. For example, I may start offering landscaping service and/or roof repair. I’m good friends with contractors in both of these fields and it’s a strong consideration. MY main business would still be power washing but I may need a more general name. I totally understand the value of working on my website content and keyword ranking, but if my longer term business plan calls for added services, shouldn’t I plan for that now? Before my presence becomes more established? For example I’m considering a general name like Keystone Exterior Solutions.

Steri Sweep seems (a) vague in the first place and (b) Steri Sweep House Washing and Power Washing is so limiting and specific (and still vague in a way). If it can be changed in a controlled patient manner with limited risk, why not??

I get the feeling that you are wanting us to tell you the answer that you want to hear. I am sorry, I can't do that. The business name doesn't mean anything. You can offer more services, but you must have the content to support it. You need to build a brand to attract the clients that you want. I run reviewfraud and I get hired to fight spam, reinstate business profiles, and do consulting services. My company name doesn't hinder me.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom