More threads by Chris Ratchford

Chris Ratchford

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm consolidating a number of dup GMB listings for a client. Unbeknownst to him, Hibu created a new GMB listing and now we're trying to get access so we can merge with the original claimed listing.

I can't find any APPEAL button in the notification email from Google. I'm trying to handle this for my client as he's not very tech savvy when it comes to this stuff.

I know I can call the support number, but I wanted to check here first to see if there's a better option.

2018-11-07_09-01-25.png

There are ways to escalate the issue, but I think in this case the path of least resistance is to have your client call the number Hibu provided, and ask them to unverify/release the listing. Then you can move forward with your merge request.

That's a tough spot for sure. But escalating the issue with Google isn't going to help you much without the client's participation. Only the business owner or someone authorized at the business location can force a release of a listing. And its likely to be more complicated than a phone call to Hibu once Google support gets involved.

Sorry I don't have better news... maybe someone else has more ideas...good luck!

Google has been getting better with something called a "Manual Verification Process" where even if the current page owner denies the request you can trigger a postcard re-verification.

Ask support about that. Basically, GMB support sends the ownership request on your behalf.

Believe it or not, I would just call HIBU. I called them for a client and got added to the listing right then over the phone.

I got "Primary Owner" but that took a week or so for them to hand that over. Then we deleted them off the listing.

I was skeptical of calling their support but it was actually pretty painless. Besides the week waiting time for primary ownership of course.

Believe it or not, I would just call HIBU. I called them for a client and got added to the listing right then over the phone.

I got "Primary Owner" but that took a week or so for them to hand that over. Then we deleted them off the listing.

I was skeptical of calling their support but it was actually pretty painless. Besides the week waiting time for primary ownership of course.

This is good to know @JoshuaMackens. I have a couple prospective clients who are currently with Hibu and I wondered how the GMB ownership might be handled.

In my experience with a large physician practice, we just called Hibu and got it resolved pretty quickly. Don't put it on the client.

You can call or email Hibu Support support@hibu.com or call 877-237-6120. I had two clients with a similar issue. I sent their Support team an email with the business owner cc'd, they released the listing pretty quickly.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom