JustinB

Reaction score
Say that 3x fast! Which professions are some of the higher ticket services that show up in 3 pack rankings - besides electrician, plumber etc.?

tenor.gif

Appreciate any insight!

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@JustinB, what do you mean by "higher-ticket"? Do you mean:

1. Industries where a new customer/client/patient has a high lifetime value to your client?
2. Industries where the average job is several hundred to several thousand (or more) dollars?
3. Industries where having a client who gives a rip about local SEO is worth a lot to you?

I assume some combination of the 3. If that's the case, I'd say "good local search industries" in my experience are: dentistry, some branches of law, roofing, highly specialized subcontractors, veterinary care, private schools, some kinds of real-estate, and independent insurance agencies. Clients in other industries can be great, of course. Just painting with broad strokes here.

JustinB

Reaction score
@JustinB, what do you mean by "higher-ticket"? Do you mean:

1. Industries where a new customer/client/patient has a high lifetime value to your client?
2. Industries where the average job is several hundred to several thousand (or more) dollars?
3. Industries where having a client who gives a rip about local SEO is worth a lot to you?

I assume some combination of the 3. If that's the case, I'd say "good local search industries" in my experience are: dentistry, some branches of law, roofing, highly specialized subcontractors, veterinary care, private schools, some kinds of real-estate, and independent insurance agencies. Clients in other industries can be great, of course. Just painting with broad strokes here.

Thanks for taking the time to chime in Phil. I should've been more specific, so I appreciate the options laid out - which for my question is a combination of 1 and 2. I would like to narrow this down further by sticking to specialized subcontractors. Is there a list somewhere for those?
Thanks again!

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@JustinB, I'm not sure there's a list of the types of specialized subcontractors I'm thinking of, but this list is a start: http://eyeonhousing.org/2015/09/it-takes-22-subcontractors-to-build-the-average-home/

(Of course, I'm not talking strictly about subs who help build homes. Again, just a start.)

If you don't gear your services exclusively to one niche or another, the chances are good that people from all kinds of weird industries will contact you (and in some cases work with you). I say that's a great thing.

JustinB

Reaction score
I shoulda specified - looking for labor trades/services like "mold cleaning company" etc., and less professional services like insurance agent etc.
Thank you everyone for responding!

shively

Reaction score
Justin, here is a link to a pdf I created this morning that has construction trades listed. It is exhaustive.

subtrades.pdf

The trades at the top are highlighted in red because a company I help manage is involved with them. While the pdf doesn't highlight profitability it may be helpful in initiating more research. For what it's worth and since you mentioned mold remediation, one company that is getting good reviews for SEO in the restoration/remediation area is 33mileradius dot com. I have no affiliation or experience w/them.

Hope this helps.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Ranking high organically but invisible on maps Ranking Puzzles 1
Bernadette Coleman Looking For High Level PPC Expert. Paid Search and Local Service Ads 0
B Ranking High Organically but Low in The Local Pack Local Search 4
djbaxter Ninja Forms WordPress Plugin: High Severity Vulnerability Patched Websites, Software, and Security 0
ianscott Contact Form 7 Datepicker - High Vulnerability Leads To Plugin Closure Websites, Software, and Security 1
A Analyze High CPC Local Search 1
LocalSEODat Hey Gang - if you get high volume of reviews and only reply to positive ones, is that a bad thing? Local Reviews 2
Ellen GMB Dashboard Data Highly Inflated -- Related to Barry Schwartz Inflated Impressions Article NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
j_holtslander "Highly rated" with 1 review? + Missing "Service" Google My Business & Google Maps 3
H A practice with 1 practitioner, 2 GMB's, and 1 high ranking Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Dino Should I get rid of this high traffic page on my website? Organic SEO 5
H Why do these three out of town lawyers show up high? Ranking Puzzles 18
ValerieM Duplicate G+ page but ranks high - what would you do? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Linda Buquet Rank High in Organic but Not in Local? Joy's Post at Search Engine Land Google My Business & Google Maps 16
J I don't get why this one ranks so high Ranking Puzzles 15
J I don't get why this one ranks so high Ranking Puzzles 15
Linda Buquet How To Do HIGH IMPACT Review Audits - Turn Bad Reviews Into Solutions - Miriam Ellis Local Reviews 0
Susan 51% say High Local Rankings Deliver Greater Response than Organic - BrightLocal.com Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Local SEO: Which Performs Better - High Pack or High Organic Rankings? Local Search 10
J High quality backlink service Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Crazy High Conversion Rates via Phone - 75% of Calls from Mobile Now Local Search 0
L New Local Ranking Puzzle - Come Play: Why Ranks High! Ranking Puzzles 4
Linda Buquet New Local Ranking Puzzle - Come Play: Why Ranks High! Ranking Puzzles 4
Todd McCall Local Link Building: High Authority Chambers vs Low Authority Trade Groups? Local Search 4
Linda Buquet How to Leverage your Competitors for Local SEO to get High Rankings Local Search 3
L Local Ranking Puzzle - Come Play Why Ranks High! These 2 Scored a One-Box Ranking Puzzles 4
Linda Buquet Local Ranking Puzzle - Come Play Why Ranks High! These 2 Scored a One-Box Ranking Puzzles 4
S For What it is Worth: High organic vs 7-pack Local Search 7
M Local SEO - Why is this ranking so high? Ranking Puzzles 11
M Local SEO - Why is this ranking so high? Ranking Puzzles 11
K New Game: Why does this employment law attorney rank high? Ranking Puzzles 3
K New Game: Why does this employment law attorney rank high? Ranking Puzzles 3
Linda Buquet Troubleshoot: Rank High in Organic but Drop out of the Pack? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet Warning! High Alert re user: Maptivists Mod Squad 0
L New Game: Why Ranks High??? Ranking Puzzles 4
Linda Buquet New Game: Why Ranks High??? Ranking Puzzles 4
L Low Traffic, High Conversions Consultant's Corner 6
L Killer, High End, Out-of-the-Box Ideas for Local Business Listings Google Business View 16
Linda Buquet Killer, High End, Out-of-the-Box Ideas for Local Business Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 16
Linda Buquet Interesting Google+ Local Penalty? Dropped out of Pack, but Still High in Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet Local Domination + Facebook Pages Rank High? Local Search 10
Linda Buquet Get High on Google Local - New Ultimate Local SEO Guide Local Search 3
L High # of Driving Direction Requests Help & Support for Google Local 4
L Local SEO Ranking Game - Why Ranks High? Ranking Puzzles 46
Linda Buquet Local SEO Ranking Game - Why Ranks High? Ranking Puzzles 46
A How to change GMB ticket field in search results knowledge panel NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
CarrieHill LocalU Advanced Virtual Nov 10, 2020 - Tickets just $99 Events 1
M GMB Listing for Shuttle Service / Ticketing Office Multi-Location Issues 4
Margaret Ornsby Facebook wants you to buy movie tickets and order pizza from its app Local Search 1
James Watt Win a Free Ticket to Mozcon Consultant's Corner 1