More threads by JustinB

Reaction score
Say that 3x fast! Which professions are some of the higher ticket services that show up in 3 pack rankings - besides electrician, plumber etc.?

tenor.gif

Appreciate any insight!

@JustinB, what do you mean by "higher-ticket"? Do you mean:

1. Industries where a new customer/client/patient has a high lifetime value to your client?
2. Industries where the average job is several hundred to several thousand (or more) dollars?
3. Industries where having a client who gives a rip about local SEO is worth a lot to you?

I assume some combination of the 3. If that's the case, I'd say "good local search industries" in my experience are: dentistry, some branches of law, roofing, highly specialized subcontractors, veterinary care, private schools, some kinds of real-estate, and independent insurance agencies. Clients in other industries can be great, of course. Just painting with broad strokes here.

@JustinB, what do you mean by "higher-ticket"? Do you mean:

1. Industries where a new customer/client/patient has a high lifetime value to your client?
2. Industries where the average job is several hundred to several thousand (or more) dollars?
3. Industries where having a client who gives a rip about local SEO is worth a lot to you?

I assume some combination of the 3. If that's the case, I'd say "good local search industries" in my experience are: dentistry, some branches of law, roofing, highly specialized subcontractors, veterinary care, private schools, some kinds of real-estate, and independent insurance agencies. Clients in other industries can be great, of course. Just painting with broad strokes here.

Thanks for taking the time to chime in Phil. I should've been more specific, so I appreciate the options laid out - which for my question is a combination of 1 and 2. I would like to narrow this down further by sticking to specialized subcontractors. Is there a list somewhere for those?
Thanks again!

@JustinB, I'm not sure there's a list of the types of specialized subcontractors I'm thinking of, but this list is a start: http://eyeonhousing.org/2015/09/it-takes-22-subcontractors-to-build-the-average-home/

(Of course, I'm not talking strictly about subs who help build homes. Again, just a start.)

If you don't gear your services exclusively to one niche or another, the chances are good that people from all kinds of weird industries will contact you (and in some cases work with you). I say that's a great thing.

I shoulda specified - looking for labor trades/services like "mold cleaning company" etc., and less professional services like insurance agent etc.
Thank you everyone for responding!

Justin, here is a link to a pdf I created this morning that has construction trades listed. It is exhaustive.

subtrades.pdf

The trades at the top are highlighted in red because a company I help manage is involved with them. While the pdf doesn't highlight profitability it may be helpful in initiating more research. For what it's worth and since you mentioned mold remediation, one company that is getting good reviews for SEO in the restoration/remediation area is 33mileradius dot com. I have no affiliation or experience w/them.

Hope this helps.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom