More threads by RhondaFranklin

Reaction score
I just switched my Google Business Listing to be a physical location vs a service area business (per Joy's Ultimate Guide) and voilà - almost instantly my local business is now showing up in the 3-pack as an ad and local business as expected.

Question: Why does my ad look different from other ads? Mine doesn't show the star ratings from GMB (I have 33), the category, years in business like my non-ad version does and like other sponsored ads do. Is this just a timing issue?

On desktop, same issue as well with the additional fact that no image appears.

1696355651869.jpg

1696355829794.jpg

Here is my non-ad version of my local business:

1696356007743.jpg

Seems like it might just be a caching issue. I would contact Ads support if it's not showing properly in 48 hrs.

Seems like it might just be a caching issue. I would contact Ads support if it's not showing properly in 48 hrs.

Thanks Joy, I'll check them in a couple of days.

On a side note, looks like my images in the original post didn't come across so here they are for grins in case anyone else has this issue:

1696361639449.jpg

1696361672218.jpg

And here is my normal (non-ad) local listing:
1696361724978.jpg

There are different types of ads. I believe if your listing ad has custom copy instead of being a merely boosted normal listing, as is clearly the case here, those elements you are asking about will not show and that is relatively normal.

Now what's going on in the LSA view I'm not sure. Ads glitching on picture seems oddly common (see images below, I found these examples in like five minutes), but the rest is odd. I don't usually deal with ads, but my first thought is that maybe the LSA display is not handling the custom copy well?

1696436570642.jpg

1696436847043.jpg

Aren't ads supported by "seller ratings" which could explain this?

Thanks JS,

I have never seen Sponsored Local 3-Pack ads with actual google ad copy and NOT the GMB review stars and listing information. It's unfortunate because although I'm showing at the top of the 3-Pack, it looks like I have no review whereas those under me do.

Thanks JS,

I have never seen Sponsored Local 3-Pack ads with actual google ad copy and NOT the GMB review stars and listing information. It's unfortunate because although I'm showing at the top of the 3-Pack, it looks like I have no review whereas those under me do.

As I said, I'm not very experienced in this topic, but you,re right, ad copy can appear with the reviews:

1696515431511.jpg

Ooohh, thanks JS!

That last image you sent gives me hope because it has both the GMB info AND the ad copy. Hopefully my ad will update with the same.

Thought I'd give a quick update. Just check our ad in the Local 3-Pack and it's been updated! It's better than I expected. We have BOTH the GMB data and the Google Ads data. I've never seen sponsored ads like this and sure hope it stays this way for us. :)

1696997389868.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom