More threads by Porshaell

Porshaell

Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to claim my client's GBP and isn't allowing me to. When you go through the steps of claiming the profile, it does not show up as a option.
In fact, a duplicate profile shows up for me to claim. The client can't access it either because they don't remember the email associated with the GBP. Can someone help find out what I need to do claim the GBP?
Google Maps Links:
Link to Google Maps this one has both profiles
Google Map profile that i want to claim
If there is anymore information that is needed please let me know !
Thanks

rainscape1.jpg

rainscape2.jpg

When faced with a SAB you need to claim, the trick (or at least the trick we use in our agency!) is to cause your profile to be detected as a duplicate of the other profile. This will give you the option to request access to that other profile, which won't be answered or will be rejected, and then be appealed by triggering a revalidation on it.

The problem is of course that the address (which Google keeps recorded even if they are hidden) needs to be ideally identical, or at least close by for it to be even an option. (we ourselves once had to re-validate our profile to a different address so this could be accomplished)

So the first step would be to hide the address on the profile you do control and see if that lets you try to report it as a duplicate of the one you want access to.

When faced with a SAB you need to claim, the trick (or at least the trick we use in our agency!) is to cause your profile to be detected as a duplicate of the other profile. This will give you the option to request access to that other profile, which won't be answered or will be rejected, and then be appealed by triggering a revalidation on it.

The problem is of course that the address (which Google keeps recorded even if they are hidden) needs to be ideally identical, or at least close by for it to be even an option. (we ourselves once had to re-validate our profile to a different address so this could be accomplished)

So the first step would be to hide the address on the profile you do control and see if that lets you try to report it as a duplicate of the one you want access to.

Thank you so much for your response!
I was able hide the address but not report it as duplicate. A 400 error page came up for me.

IMG_0022.jpg

I was able to, but the GBPs still need to have the same phone number. Traditionally I've assumed the service area is irrelevant, but here, interestingly enough, the three GBPs I'm offered all have a whole-US service area, and one is based in New york, while another seems to be in Georgia, so fixing that comically large service area may actually be needed too. It looks like the area used by the other profile is made of Kansas City and Jackson, Johnson and Wyandotte counties.

I'm told by Google that the Duplicate suggestion has been accepted. This means your dashboard should now have something like this on it, which will allow you to claim the target profile (in theory: this part of the process is normally handled by my colleagues, so the details are a little fuzzy to me!)

1654781751515.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom