More threads by webjetterr2

webjetterr2

Reaction score
Hello everyone ... hoping someone can help me. I need to create and keep editing a Google My Business Profile for a friend who is not tech savvy. Do I understand correctly that it has to be made through his gmail/Google account? If so, how can I make the Business Profile without asking him for his gmail password?

I can't find the answer anywhere. The only thing I've found is how to be a manager BUT he doesn't even have a profile yet, so how could he give permission? How can I get in there to create the profile??

Thanks so much!

Solution
I'm not sure if there's anything in the GBP terms of service that would disallow you to, so don't take my word for it. But I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use your own Google account to create the GBP listing for him? If your friend gives you permission to do so, and hands you the code on the postcard to verify the listing, I don't see any problem with that. Then afterwards you can add his Gmail account (if he has one) as an owner of the location.
I'm not sure if there's anything in the GBP terms of service that would disallow you to, so don't take my word for it. But I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use your own Google account to create the GBP listing for him? If your friend gives you permission to do so, and hands you the code on the postcard to verify the listing, I don't see any problem with that. Then afterwards you can add his Gmail account (if he has one) as an owner of the location.

Solution
As long as they give you permission to create a business profile for them, you can use your email to create a business profile for them. Google will not allow you to create an email address for them and transfer the email address to them. Google forbids the sharing of email accounts and this can lead to an account suspension.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! Google support finally responded after you did. They said:

Please be apprised that you may create the profile using your own Gmail address. However, once it's created, you may then transfer the ownership of the business to him using the below mentioned steps and be a manager to this profile.
  1. On your computer, sign in to manage your Business Profile..
  2. If you have multiple profiles, open the profile you want to manage.
  3. In the left menu, click Users.
  4. Select the user you want to be the new Primary owner. To the right of their name, click the box.
  5. Select “Primary owner.”
    • This option only displays if you're the Primary owner of the Business Profile.
  6. Click Transfer
    dtUFJFsRd6p8dopSSRr_ZUOPKvyuUgsU-7zVNA6ui8LmRz=h36.png
    Done. Primary ownership transfers to the new owner immediately.
If you’re the only user associated with your profile, you can add more owners and managers.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom