More threads by jacobnorris

jacobnorris

Reaction score
I am trying to add my listing to data axle, but it only works if the listing is already in their database. Does anyone know how to add a new listing? I have tried contacting support but never heard back.

Solution
I am trying to add my listing to data axle, but it only works if the listing is already in their database. Does anyone know how to add a new listing? I have tried contacting support but never heard back.

I don't see any value wth this vendor and I wouldn't waste your time and energy with them.

I don't see any value wth this vendor and I wouldn't waste your time and energy with them.

Solution

I've always wondered how one determines if a specific database / listing like "data axle" i.e express update makes a difference in seo. how does one go about about doing this? take a business, update the listing in question and wait months to see if any changes occur in rankings? I'm honestly curious how a single, specific listing gets tagged as either useful or not useful.

As for adding a new listing, call them at the number listed or as said above, go through brightlocal. call them between like...8am-530pm eastern time zone

I've always wondered how one determines if a specific database / listing like "data axle" i.e express update makes a difference in seo. how does one go about about doing this? take a business, update the listing in question and wait months to see if any changes occur in rankings? I'm honestly curious how a single, specific listing gets tagged as either useful or not useful.

As for adding a new listing, call them at the number listed or as said above, go through brightlocal. call them between like...8am-530pm eastern time zone

I can’t find any businesses listed with them to show up online organically. It appears that you can only find a business profile is you search on their directory directly. It appears that they are scraping data. If a directory doesn’t get traffic or drive traffic, it’s a wasted effort.

Reactions: JRS
I can’t find any businesses listed with them to show up online organically. It appears that you can only find a business profile is you search on their directory directly. It appears that they are scraping data. If a directory doesn’t get traffic or drive traffic, it’s a wasted effort.

Thanks for the reply. I totally get what you're saying and it provides insight into what to look for i.e listings that are showing up online. isn't this an "aggregator" though? isn't it some...database that's sending info to other listings that end up, indirectly, influencing the gmb listing?

Thanks for the reply. I totally get what you're saying and it provides insight into what to look for i.e listings that are showing up online. isn't this an "aggregator" though? isn't it some...database that's sending info to other listings that end up, indirectly, influencing the gmb listing?

They are not, I checked several businesses I managed. The data is wrong with them and it has zero negative impacts on their performance and rankings.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom