More threads by cleverlyengaged

Solutions
Reaction score
I continue to see the importance of D&B as a data aggregator that feeds many other important websites, but I am always surprised at how inaccurate their data is...

Have any of you been successful at updating Dunn and Bradstreet citations for clients? I find their customer service is poor and their verification system makes it difficult for me to update on behalf of the business owner. I wish BrightLocal or some other service was able to update automatically.

Any tips or advice? Thanks.

By the way, I am referring to both this website which is now called the D&B Business Directory:
Example with Tesla:
https://www.dnb.com/business-direct...sla_inc.e337e93c824d992066152d1a14d8d8e8.html

- Updating these reports is free, but difficult.

And the D&B Credibility Review:
Dun & Bradstreet: Business Directory
Tesla, Inc. - Palo Alto , CA - Business Directory

- Appears to be getting phased out. Syncs with YEXT.

That place is a nightmare. I had to deal with them few years ago and only thing they were interested in was getting me on a sales call trying to push stupidly high priced b.s. services. The only way I could get issues resolved with them was to file a BBB complaint. As an 'accredited' business they must answer complaints and they did very quickly. That is the only reason my data was fixed.

The other day I was doing yearly citation check and I noticed a couple issues. The logins they provided no longer worked and one of the links just lead to a dead page and another was a redirect. I've found many places are switching over to yext network, which I loath. I have no desire to pay a high yearly fee to update data.

I have an update here and I also have faced the same problems.

Note, there is a difference between the Business Directory, which pulls from secretary of state records

and the dandb.com directory, which looks like it is being phased out:
Tesla, Inc. - Palo Alto , CA - Company Information

I called their customer support line. And they told me the easiest way for an agency to make updates is to call them and file a ticket over the phone with the incorrect phone, name, address, details etc. Of course, they want the DUN's number to locate each entity, but you can request a DUNS number via email.

It is free to update the basic business data, but they do try and sell you on their credit building services.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom