Reaction score
How Sales Teams Can Use Online Reviews to Convert Prospects

Online-Review-Sales.jpg

Salespeople are compulsive liars.

Thanks to the post-truth age, it seems trust is in short supply. That?s the general attitude consumers have towards sales teams as well. The view that anything and everything out of a salesperson?s mouth is a lie. That they?re looking to swindle you, to take your money.

But it?s not true.

They?re not all liars. We?ve heard the stories about companies who behave honestly. Who do what?s best for their customers, even when that means acting against their own best interests.

Take Zappos for example.

A Zappos employee physically went to a competing shoe store to get a customer the product they wanted.

Send customers to a competitor? Who does that? Zappos does, because they?re earning trust.

Sales teams are still viewed as dishonest

When it comes to honesty and ethics, salespeople are almost universally distrusted. A Gallup poll on Honesty/Ethics in Professions found that salespeople received some of the lowest marks for honesty.

Salespeople and advertisers were near the bottom of the list.

But you already knew that, didn?t you?
What an uphill battle. You start your relationship with customers at a trust deficit, yet you?re still expected to attract, convert and close customers.

In the past, salespeople relied primarily on cold calls to hit quotas, but with inbound marketing, brands are starting to earn consumers trust before they even make contact with a sales person. In many industries, consumers would prefer to make a purchase without ever talking to a sales person. But the ones that still need to talk through the product and get clarification on the product or services capabilities, still need to trust the employee they?re touching base with.

It?s a problem many sales teams struggle to solve.

Sales teams won?t struggle when they have what they need

For prospects that want to talk to someone, Salespeople are an early touch point with potential customers so they?re a wealth of information for customer research. You know customers are coming in with large levels of distrust. So we should be working with the all-stars of our sales team. Focus their attention on boosting their inherent trustworthiness.

Sounds great. But how?

Get them to create helpful educational content ? a blog post, video, webinar or Q&A session.

Okay.

But content about what?

Content that builds trust and confidence in the product you?re selling to the customer. This is the part where anxiety, discouragement and doubt sets in. Where sales and marketing teams fall apart. They?re not sure how to go about building trust.

How are we supposed to do that, they wonder?

View the rest of Andrew's post where he breaks down two effective strategies for 'becoming the review': HERE

Online-Review-Sales.jpg

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Garrett Sussman 6 Review Request Scripts For Your Support and Sales Team Local Reviews 2
patrick6411 One per brand, plus one for entire dealership, plus one for sales and one for the parts department Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Local SEO Prospecting tools for Digital Sales Reps Local Search 6
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing Unable to Add Free Listing To YP Due To "Thryv.com" sales. Citations 16
vivekrpatel How do I promote a website online for a specific city audience to generate sales? Local Search 0
Adam Potaznik Door to Door Sales, Geolocation CRM and Google Maps Scraping Consultant's Corner 4
X X-CASH - Earn 30% on every sale. Recycle Bin 0
M HMS 1 & 2 / Used Rail Scrap for Sale Recycle Bin 0
Eric Rohrback Webinar with SEMrush: Using Competitive Data to Power Lead Gen & Sales Consultant's Corner 1
Linda Buquet Local Search Pros Discuss: Weekly Hours? Sales Activity vs Account Work? Consultant's Corner 1
R Question about Independent Sales Reps/Account Managers offering my Service Service Area Businesses 7
R Question about Independent Sales Reps/Account Managers offering my Service Service Area Businesses 7
Linda Buquet VIDEO: Grow your Local Search Business - Lead Gen, Sales & More Webinar Consultant's Corner 0
J "irvine homes for sale" 1st blended has no website and bare G+L Ranking Puzzles 7
Jamie Steigerwald "irvine homes for sale" 1st blended has no website and bare G+L Ranking Puzzles 7
B Rebranding: same services, same team, same address, new name, new URL Moving or Name Changes 9
Ben Walsh Best way to contact the GMB team for duplicates, etc., at the moment? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
H Task management for teams or to do list? Consultant's Corner 17
JoyHawkins Questions for the Google My Business Team? Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Linda Buquet Happy Thanksgiving from the Local Search Forum Team Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
Garrett Sussman [New Post] Revenge and Reward: Is Your Customer Service Team Likeable? Local Reviews 0
Linda Buquet Happy New Year to All from the Local Search Forum Team Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
Linda Buquet Happy Thanksgiving from the Local Search Forum Team Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
Linda Buquet Happy Halloween from the Local Search Forum Team Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 7
Linda Buquet Happy Thanksgiving from the Local Search Forum Team Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 5
joereadseo Any Questions for the Google My Business team? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet Happy New Year to All from the Local Search Forum Team Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
localcitationbuilders Hello From The Team Of Local Citation Builders Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Happy New Year from the Local Search Community Team Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
Linda Buquet Happy Holidays from the Local Search Community Team Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
Linda Buquet Local SEO Warning: City in Title Tag - Former Google Spam Team Member Speaks Out Local Search 22
Linda Buquet Lynx WNBA Team Google+ Page Deleted - A Cautionary Tale Local Search 3
Linda Buquet Wow - Google Maps has Team of Over 7000 - Apple is Hiring Up Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Miriam Ellis Joins the Local Search Forum Team Local Search 10
Linda Buquet Local Search Dream Team - Tips, Tools, Predictions Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Local Search Dream Team ? Tips, Tools & Predictions Local Search 0
koji Local business with online nationwide services in a post-corona world Google Local 101 5
NexstarNickR Book Online option for Home Services All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
rickvidallon How Do You Access The Buttons In Google My Business For Online Services? Local Search 4
O Create an online store with Chinese goods Recycle Bin 0
JoyHawkins Get Custom Responses to Online Reviews Local Reviews 3
Vicky Trainor Which Category for Online Stores (eg Pet Supply Store) NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
djbaxter Webinar The State of Online Reviews in 2021 - January 14th at 2pm EST Events 0
djbaxter The Online Companies That Know the Most About You Mobile & Social 0
J Online Care SERP Feature - How to Be Included Google Local 101 5
F Optimizing for local and online - broader areas? Local Search 0
Adam C. Online Scheduling Recommendations - Contractors Google My Business & Google Maps 1
M "Online Care" icon on 3 pack listing: How to get it? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
abbiebeltran Define Service Options Attribute - Online Appointments NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
djbaxter Attend SMX June 23-24 online… for free Events 0