More threads by wcssderek

wcssderek

Reaction score
We recently took over ownership of a storage facility and have changed the business name. In doing a search for the old business name, I came upon a Google My Maps listing that has the old name. I would like to get it changed or removed but can't figure out how to do so. Any ideas?

We recently took over ownership of a storage facility and have changed the business name. In doing a search for the old business name, I came upon a Google My Maps listing that has the old name. I would like to get it changed or removed but can't figure out how to do so. Any ideas?

Use suggest an edit and mark it as doesn't exist. If that doesn't work, then use the redressal form.

Thanks for the quick response, but I'm not seeing a "suggest an edit" on the My Maps page like I would if I were looking at regular Google Maps.

Here you go. As I say, I can't find any way to suggest or provide feedback.

Antioch-Mini-Storage-Google-My-Maps.jpg

It redirects me to the true maps listing. We have control of the GPB listing and have changed the name there, so it does eventually work. But it's weird that there's no way to report the "My Maps" listing. BTW, I had given you the wrong screen shot. The first page you come to when you look like the attached. I also attached the search result to give you an idea of what it looks like in the SERPs.

Antioch-Mini-Storage-Google-My-Maps (1).jpg

-antioch-mini-storage-Google-Search.png

But it's weird that there's no way to report the "My Maps" listing. BTW, I had given you the wrong screen shot. The first page you come to when you look like the attached. I also attached the search result to give you an idea of what it looks like in the SERPs.

We had a similar issue a 2 to 3 years ago where our client had a customer who found on Google an outdated "My Maps". We likewise couldn't find a way to report incorrect info on someone else's custom map to Google. It seems very odd to me that Google actually indexes these custom "My Maps" :unsure:.

@keyserholiday, here is a direct link to map in question: Antioch Mini Storage - Google My Maps

If you search for "antioch mini storage google my maps" it will show in the results too.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom