More threads by valentinb13

Reaction score
I'm prefacing this with: I absolutely despise the new forced "manage in search" for GBPs...

OK — how do you edit a menu link on them now? I have a client that is a golf course and there's a 3rd party menu link appearing that we did not place and I cannot find anywhere to edit/remove it. They would like to add the link to their Bar & Grill page there (or alternatively the pdf of their actual menu).

1669903027546.jpg

The "Edit menu" button just opens a box where you put individual menu items:

1669903193773.jpg

There HAS to be a way to edit this link, right??

EDIT: This is interesting — if you turn off "Food ordering" Google asks why you're turning it off and the options include the 3rd party links aren't accurate/aren't partnered with, etc...

1669903437942.jpg

Did turning off the "food ordering" allow you to add your own links?

No -- it only gave that popup dialogue, and then when you click next it asks a bunch of "what would you like to see?" options that included things like "allow me to post my links" "make my link priority over 3rd party links" "notify me when 3rd party links are added" etc...you can select multiple and then submit it and that's all.

The menu link stayed in place also, it never was removed. One of my coworkers noticed that another listing we manage that uses "restaurant" as primary category allows you to place a menu link. We considered changing the category of this one (even though it has restaurant as a secondary category) but opted not to chance changing the category and affecting the listing negatively somehow.

The menu link stayed in place also, it never was removed. One of my coworkers noticed that another listing we manage that uses "restaurant" as primary category allows you to place a menu link. We considered changing the category of this one (even though it has restaurant as a secondary category) but opted not to chance changing the category and affecting the listing negatively somehow.

That is likely the reason. Have you contacted GBP support to see what they say?

hasn't google done this for a while for restaurants ordering, same as for reservations?

this is the first we noticed it on client's GBPs — and we have managed a few restaurants. The weird thing is it's through TripAdvisor and then if you click through the link that's in place you have to go through TripAdvisor's claim process (phone or credit card), etc...but there's no way to remove the TripAdvisor/3rd party link and replace it with our own link. That seems odd. Almost like Google is trying to force businesses into a relationship with TripAdvisor.

this is the first we noticed it on client's GBPs — and we have managed a few restaurants. The weird thing is it's through TripAdvisor and then if you click through the link that's in place you have to go through TripAdvisor's claim process (phone or credit card), etc...but there's no way to remove the TripAdvisor/3rd party link and replace it with our own link. That seems odd. Almost like Google is trying to force businesses into a relationship with TripAdvisor.

I just had this issue with another client. They didn't highjack my menu url but I wanted the menu removed from the Google menu area that displays on maps. I put in a support ticket and they took 5 days to call me back but they did. I also called once and waited on hold for an hour then hung up and called the next day and was connected within a few minutes.

In order to update or remove your menu information, please contact SinglePlatform directly:

@Claudia — you are right, you have to go through the 3rd party service to have them remove the links — but it still doesn't appear we can place our link.

1670878358916.jpg

Then here's the info on removing the links:
1670878428098.jpg

@Claudia — you are right, you have to go through the 3rd party service to have them remove the links — but it still doesn't appear we can place our link.

1670878358916.jpg

Then here's the info on removing the links:
1670878428098.jpg

Perhaps once single platform removes their link you will find that Google will allow you to save your website menu URL. I have many restaurants that I manage and the Menu URL has never been highjacked by a 3rd party that I am aware of. I really think once its freed up you will have access to it.

Perhaps once single platform removes their link you will find that Google will allow you to save your website menu URL. I have many restaurants that I manage and the Menu URL has never been highjacked by a 3rd party that I am aware of. I really think once its freed up you will have access to it.

I think part of the problem, and I've told the client this, is these particular listings are not restaurants — they are golf courses with restaurants on premise. So the GBP is not primarily for a restaurant. I think that is a big factor in why we're unable to add our menu link. But the client does not want the 3rd party link on there at all.

I think part of the problem, and I've told the client this, is these particular listings are not restaurants — they are golf courses with restaurants on premise. So the GBP is not primarily for a restaurant. I think that is a big factor in why we're unable to add our menu link. But the client does not want the 3rd party link on there at all.

yes most likely that is an accurate assumption.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom