More threads by KieranThomas

KieranThomas

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have a client who already has a GBP listing (Company A), and they have recently acquired a new business (Company B), and moved into their premises from their old location.

As Company A already had a GBP listing setup for their existing shop (Company A - Shop A), they updated it to the new location as they wanted to keep their existing reviews, which is understandable.

At the same time, the owners of the old company (Company B), gave them access to their GBP listing, and that listing also has a number of reviews which the new owner would like to keep.

Is there a way to merge the reviews from "Company B" into the listing for "Company A"? (My gut feeling is not, but I wanted to check)

If not, what is the best way forwards?
Should they close the old company listing to avoid confusion, as currently both businesses are appearing in the local map pack, but with the old company showing first. All contact details are the same in both listings, so I'm mindful this could cause NAPW confusion too.

It's the first time I've had this particular scenario so would appreciate any advice

I would contact GBP support and ask them to "move" the old listing into the the new one as that is a better solution than marking it as closed. That way, when customers search the old brand, they will find the new GBP listing. The "move" feature acts as a 301 redirect.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom