More threads by silverwebmaster

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have been working for a client for 1 year. Many of the keywords are on first page of Google.com.

Just want to have your suggestions that how to improve keywords from 10 positions to 3? Most of keywords are fluctuate from 10-12.

thanks

Hello guys,

I have been working for a client for 1 year. Many of the keywords are on first page of Google.com.

Just want to have your suggestions that how to improve keywords from 10 positions to 3? Most of keywords are fluctuate from 10-12.

thanks

Hi there! I’d love to assist. I’ve noticed that by adding more internal links to the target page using the target keywords and similar phrases can help bump up pages that are ranking around position 10. But there are many other things that could help.

Do you mind sharing what you’ve already done so far so that I don’t suggest things you’ve already tried?

Hi there! I’d love to assist. I’ve noticed that by adding more internal links to the target page using the target keywords and similar phrases can help bump up pages that are ranking around position 10. But there are many other things that could help.

Do you mind sharing what you’ve already done so far so that I don’t suggest things you’ve already tried?
Thanks @dannanelli

By internal links you mean when I add new posts or pages in site, adding those target keywords in the content? Or interlinking the kwds within existing content?

I have been building links by targeting local listings. For example:

/texas.html - building local citations
/texas/el-paso.html building local citations

Apart from this, I have been updating blog posts in the site, and other types of links.

Can you suggest me any other tasks?

Thanks

What type of business is it? Where are they located? Can you give us the target keyword?

Thanks @dannanelli

By internal links you mean when I add new posts or pages in site, adding those target keywords in the content? Or interlinking the kwds within existing content?

I have been building links by targeting local listings. For example:

/texas.html - building local citations
/texas/el-paso.html building local citations

Apart from this, I have been updating blog posts in the site, and other types of links.

Can you suggest me any other tasks?

Thanks

Thank you for elaborating. When I say add internal links, I mean find about 5-10 other pages on the site, and on those pages add a link pointing to the target page you are speaking of. When you link to the target page, use keywords and phrases that you would like the target page to rank for.

For example:
/page-1/ - On this page link to /target-page/ and in the anchor text use the target keyword or a variation of it
/page-2/- On this page link to /target-page/ and in the anchor text use the target keyword or a variation of it
/page-3/- On this page link to /target-page/ and in the anchor text use the target keyword or a variation of it

Here's how that would look if you wanted /pizza/ to rank for the keyword "pizza":
/dough/ - On this page link to /pizza/ and in the anchor text use "pizza"
/tomatoes/- On this page link to/pizza/ and in the anchor text use "deep dish"
/cheese/- On this page link to /pizza/ and in the anchor text use "the best pizza"

Just make sure that when you add these links that they make sense to users on the site and that they look natural. Don't overdo it.

It also sounds like the site could benefit from some basic on-page optimizations. Here's a simple cheat sheet that might help: Keyword Targeting Cheat Sheet for SEO | Pigzilla

I agree, internal linking is a great strategy.

Is the site using ssl?
And have you tested the site speed and can you improve it?

Both of these things 'may' get you an increase by a spot or 2 if they haven't already been implemented.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom