More threads by Ben_apt

Ben_apt

Solutions
Reaction score
This is not a complaint, but I'd like to know if something happened behind the scenes to have this much impact. An LSA account in the UK, monthly we couldn't spend more than £50 - £90 for a handful of charged leads, suddenly jumped in June with 31 leads. No changes were made to the account at all in this time.

June - £47 spend, 7 charged leads. 2100 impressions, 26% abs top % rate

July - £261 spend, 31 charged leads. 3500 impressions, 29% abs top % rate
August is pacing to match June

Does anybody know of any major changes made around this time? I'm wondering if a good number of competitors got their accounts suspended following a crackdown from Google, or something similar? Anybody seeing the same?

Hey Ben,

No UK accounts for me, but volatility is definitely par for the LSA course in my experience. I wouldn't chalk that up to Google cracking down on anything related to LSAs, unless they rule with a heavier hand over there. Maybe a top competitor dropped out or had a license issue, or demand spiked, but that's just guesswork.

Overall there was a Spam update in June, and unconfirmed stuff in July, but I didn't notice any correlations with LSA accounts I manage. It's frustratingly difficult to glean insights from the black box that is LSAs.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

Brightlocal - Local SEO for Good

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom