More threads by Colan Nielsen

Important post

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Google has launched a new service for small businesses. The official name is Small Business Advisors. It is currently available in the US only. This was officially launched last November and Google is now starting to ramp it up. Here's how Google describes the new service.

Discover the different ways an Advisor can help you.
We are here to help small businesses who are looking to increase their understanding of using Google products and tools. From guiding you through product set up to answering a specific question, there are a variety of ways that we can help you and your business in a focused, one-on-one setting.

Small Business Advisors is available for several Google products and isn't limited to Google My Business. The way to think about this program is it is for business owners who need teaching, but not troubleshooting. For instance, if a business needs help with technical issues related to Google My Business (GMB) they should still contact GMB support, or head over to the GMB Community.

Have you taken this for a test drive yet? What do you think about it?

I wanted to revisit this post because I'm wondering if having a Small Business Advisor would help us get better service for our GBP profiles. We have over 100 accounts and lately, we've been having all sorts of issues. Suspensions for no reason, re-verifications for small changes, etc. We were also hoping that at some point we would start being able to verify without postcards given how many locations we have. This has happened, but it's very infrequent and is still mostly the postcard route. I guess it's just my frustration boiling over that I'm asking the question of whether we could pay to play as it were by paying for the Small Business Advisor to get an inside track. I think I know the answer but thought I'd put it out there just the same. :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom