dlmorgan

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im doing some local SEO for a client and i am really stuck as to how this website is ranking above my clients.

Client: Wired MK - www.wiredmk.co.uk
Competition: MK Sparks - www.mksparks.co.uk

comp.PNG

I have checked his backlinks on majestic etc and they showing at around 12 backlinks. Wired MK has 40+ depending on where you check.

I did a scan on woorank and he has a score of sub 40%
Wired MK has a score of near 50% (Low because of content quantity, domain age, social and mobile speed)

His page is not heavily optimised for SEO aside from his keyword stuffing (should i report this or is it petty?)

His website has low content and 2 reviews on G+. One bad review and one good review.

His page title is the same as Wired.

His google+ is not optimised.

Im at a loss... Is it purely domain age?

Any suggestions welcome!

p.s This is my first post be gentle :D

comp.PNG

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey dlmorgan,

Welcome and don't worry we don't bite and are gentle!

Not sure when I'll get a chance to investigate, but I have carpal pain so it would help me a lot if I didn't have to search, dig and guess and pull up Google UK.

Since I can't see the exact KW on that screenshot, if you could provide the link to that search result (in G UK) and links to both G+ Local listings, since they are not ranking in the pack, that would save me a bunch of hunting and guessing.

Thanks!

dlmorgan

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome Linda!

Sorry perhaps I should have mentioned both of those.

Keyword is : electrician milton keynes

On my mobile at the moment so it's not giving me the full links for the search and google+. Ill drop them on soon as I can.

Thank you

dlmorgan

Reaction score

Ben Bowen

Reaction score
I just took a quick look at this and noticed a couple things. Someone smarter than me will have to say if any of this matters :)

1- Your client has 2 H1's- both exactly the same.
2- Your client's CSS does not verify, the competition does.
3- Client has no image tags, competition does.

For whatever reason, G seems to have a clearer picture of the competitions brand. Search for just his company name, then your clients. Here in the US I got Knowledge Panel for the competitor, but not your client. I had to search for your client's brand- plus Home Page title tag to get a very basic KP.

Hope that helps!

dlmorgan

Reaction score
Thanks Ben, i'll look into those things and see what happens :D

Also the other thing about the brand is that there is a worldwide popular magazine called Wired which i think is interfering with the clients brand. I did warn him of this but i'll have to make do and see how i can get Google to understand it better. Will look into it further!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Mmclean07 Locations Stuck In Processing? Multi-Location Issues 1
Gordon.Ligon SAB stuck in Pending after successful Post Card Verification 2+ months ago Service Area Businesses 2
O Apple Business Register Stuck in Pending Organic SEO 2
Cordell Crowley Re-opening "Temporarily Closed" Listings Stuck in "Under Review" Google My Business & Google Maps 3
rickmurphy Stuck in Pending also Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Tim Colling Address change to "unstick" new GMB listing stuck in "Review" Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Cordell Crowley Google Listings being stuck in "Pending Review" Google My Business & Google Maps 1
danielwallace GMB Listings Stuck in Pending Multi-Location Issues 5
obcted Knowledge Graph Profile Picture Stuck on a Dumb Image Local Search 9
Linda Buquet Stuck on the Link Building Piece of the Local Search Puzzle? Local Search 2
Priya Chandra Stuck in a Local Search rut? Local Search 1
H Client page stuck in verification/pending status Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Christa Morgante Google My Business: Missing listings stuck in old dash. Help & Support for Google Local 12
Chris Ratchford Anyone still stuck in the old Google Places dashboard? Google My Business & Google Maps 29
grasshoppersean Stuck on keyword research. Help please. Local Search 5
T Stuck With Old Dashboard and Changes Never Go Live NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
Travis Van Slooten Stuck With Old Dashboard and Changes Never Go Live NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
C Relocated my business, was near the top of SERPS now stuck in ranking hell Moving or Name Changes 4
Chris_Cummins Relocated my business, was near the top of SERPS now stuck in ranking hell Moving or Name Changes 4
B Are Google+Local Pages Stuck with the Big Map? Help & Support for Google Local 2
Brian Alaway Places stuck for months in "Pending" state Help & Support for Google Local 27
zach.todd What do you look for in a local website audit? Organic SEO 7
M Registration on your website Contact Us Messages 1
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Changing website on GMB listing seems to have caused massive a loss of traffic :( Moving or Name Changes 1
N 54 city pages for small business website Local Search 7
nathangdavidson Anyone noticed Website fields not being updated in GMB, even though approved? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
david.victor GMB Q&A vs your website's FAQ - Best Practices? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Ellen Looking for live example of website using Place Photos Google My Business & Google Maps 5
AdvoAd How to best handle 10+ locations on website Websites, Software, and Security 4
bczubiak Dental website using W E O Media Template Website.. ditch it and build a new one? Local Search 1
jross The website provided by GMB - Good or Bad? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
L Apple Maps With Call Tracking Number On Website Citations 4
Brian Barwig Why You Should Embed a Google Map on Your Website Google My Business & Google Maps 1
lukeelliott Using DNI Call Tracking With Website Connected To A GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H Updating website and urls are no longer .aspx Organic SEO 2
C The value of a blog on a website for local SEO Local Search 58
h.ottenhausen Google Reviews on Website (SABs) Service Area Businesses 0
N Should I use a GMB Website to get a citation and links? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Rasmus Himmelstrup UTM parameters on the GMB website button keeps getting removed Multi-Location Issues 2
Annika Neudecker Mass disappearance of website links Multi-Location Issues 4
Andy Optimal positioning (for CRO) of reviews widgets on website Local Reviews 5
Lachlan_Wells New 'Order Delivery' buttons can potentially link directly to your website Google My Business & Google Maps 10
J Realtors - websites Service Area Businesses 6
Chris Ratchford Can't find call tracking on website... need to remove it Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
A What Wordpress Website Builder & Theme do you use? (Page speed in mind) Organic SEO 4
onweblocal How Do I get the GMB for a 53 DA website to show up in the Google Carousel Ranking Puzzles 4
LocalSEODat Using UTM for GMB link to website. Does that mess w/ citation matching, rankings or anything negative effect? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Tony Wang Google giving clearer definition of website speed Organic SEO 3
S Confused. Very low authority websites keep ranking higher in Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 15