More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I noticed this "In between" label in the Local FInder

Can anyone replicate this or are you seeing any other similar labels?

Can't replicate. Personalized results most likely?

Did the 'in-between' label only show up for that business on that SERP?

Yes that is the only time I have seen it so far. I'm also seeing "Right By"

right by.jpg

Actually just came across another one.

in between 2.jpg

Assuming you have visited some of these other places and Google knows. I tried various searches and none of that comes up. Maybe if I leave the house more often, stuff like that will show for me. 😜

Haha yes I have frequented all of these places. It's a small town 😎

Haha yes I have frequented all of these places. It's a small town 😎
Reminds me of my first experience living in a small rural Ontario town many years ago. Two things stood out:
  1. directions always seemed to include "if you get to the red barn on your left, you've gone too far", and
  2. the first time I pulled out photo ID when making a purchase, I was told, "oh we don't need that stuff here: we know where to find you" :)

Just out of curiosity, are people seeing this only for places they've visited still or for other locations as well? I would think users who don't know where the business is yet (i.e., haven't visited) would find that information more relevant?

Just out of curiosity, are people seeing this only for places they've visited still or for other locations as well? I would think users who don't know where the business is yet (i.e., haven't visited) would find that information more relevant?

So far all the examples I have seen have been places that I have visited. It seems to be based on search and/or GPS history.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom