simonh

Reaction score
I have a client with 300+ GMB locations, names as “Brand Niche Location” which is part of a wider business (different niche, similar brand name) with other separate GMB listings that are named “Brand Location”. Some of the client listings are being highlighted within GMB dashboard as duplicate listings as they are being confused with the wider brand GMB listings. Having raised the issue with support (over Twitter), apart from not really dealing with the problem, and not seeming to recognise the problem, they tell me that I must remove the “Location” element from the GMB as it’s against guidelines. They have also suggested changing the address to include "unit 2". Anyone have a view on how I can get these resolved? They aren't duplicates, they are different business, but are next door to each other, in retail parks.

simonh

Reaction score
Hi Joy, thanks for that suggestion. Unfortunately, they and the wider business already use store codes.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
@simonh

A few questions for you (posting here so that everyone can benefit). On the listings that got flagged:

1. Do they share any of the same categories with the listing that is live on Maps?
2. Do they point to the same website URL as the one that's live on Maps?
3. Do they share the same phone number as the one that's live on Maps?
4. Do they have separate entrances and/or hours?

simonh

Reaction score
Answers to all:

1. No, different categories
2. No, different website
3. No, different phone number
4. Yes, separate entrances and different hours (although they are next door).

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W *URGENT* Business incorrectly labeled as "duplicate listing." MY BUSINESS WILL CLOSE IF UNRESOLVED!! Contact Us Messages 1
ianscott Incorrect Business Names/Duplicate Listings - When To Escalate To Spam Report? Spam on Google 1
Susan Walsh Where do we report incorrect information and duplicate listing? Help & Support for Google Local 6
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
W Incorrect Phone Number NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
NickB-Tampa Listing with no ratings and incorrect address outranking listings for same business with good ratings and proper addresses Google My Business & Google Maps 5
CoRichardson Incorrect "Located in" Description in Client's Knowledge Panel Help & Support for Google Local 13
virens Reporting SABs incorrectly set up with fixed addresses Spam on Google 12
L Incorrect Directions Issue Google My Business & Google Maps 1
AMF Incorrect Data Being Reported by D&B and YEXT. Citations 7
B Incorrect Brand Knowledge Panel appearing for branded queries Help & Support for Google Local 0
L Updated google street view image for listing which is incorrect Local Search 8
KevinWag Leaving incorrect citations alone? Citations 5
Tim Colling Client's former web dev agency portfolio contains incorrect citation data Local Search 2
J Incorrect Google Summary on Business Page - no resolution Google My Business & Google Maps 4
J Incorrect City for Google Points of Interest Carousel Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Questions about use of incorrect (but actually correct) postcode NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
davidcharles Questions about use of incorrect (but actually correct) postcode NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
A Knowledge Graph - Incorrect NAP Reviews Local Search 1
jvaquino Incorrect Pin Marker on Map at Google MyBusiness Page Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Nick Rink Maps / G+ search goes to incorrect business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A Hours display incorrect on mobile phone? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Andrew Polanski Hours display incorrect on mobile phone? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Linda Buquet Major Problems with Incorrect NAP Data for Local Businesses Local Search 3
J Google + Local Address for Service Area Business Showing up Incorrect Service Area Businesses 1
J Google + Local Address for Service Area Business Showing up Incorrect Service Area Businesses 1
Elicia Clic Took off an incorrect review, now the places page won't show! Help & Support for Google Local 4
M client G + account signed up incorrectly under my own account Help & Support for Google Local 3
E "Duplicate" Profile That Google Claims We Already Manage? Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Elmer .S How to delete duplicate Claimed listings on Yelp? Citations 5
WAHamilton Main listing filtered by duplicate, after duplicate is marked as 'closed' Google Duplicates & Merges 6
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
eshad Account suspended, duplicate created. Suspended listing shows. Verified listing does not Google Duplicates & Merges 3
C How to respond to multiple fake or duplicate GMB accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
F Practitioner Listings being marked as Duplicate - Law firm category Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Ben Walsh Best way to contact the GMB team for duplicates, etc., at the moment? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
kathleen.rhodes We are unable to get Google to merge 2 duplicate listings into the correct one Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Creativedge Question on duplicate content and search ranking for dentists Local Search 13
darcycburk Duplicate Department Listing Google Duplicates & Merges 5
Hammer I need help with duplicate listings All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
Rich Owings How to report fake/duplicate listing Spam on Google 3
M Missing reviews after business erroneously marked as a duplicate Google Duplicates & Merges 6
coachmarino duplicate thread Contact Us Messages 1
TriciaClements Merging 2 GMB (Not duplicates) Google Duplicates & Merges 10
K GMB Server Errors when trying to report a duplicate Google My Business & Google Maps 2
STM Google My Business Duplicate Listing Removal and Dashboard Issue Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Jeffrey Duplicate merging not working Local Search 2
freerunr Email Notifications: Listings marked as duplicates Google Duplicates & Merges 2
B Google marked listing as duplicate but its not Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Rich Owings Are duplicate listings no longer showing? Google Duplicates & Merges 2