More threads by rossicone

Reaction score
Hi Linda,I'm sorry if someone has already posted about this. I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything. I have a client who has 8 listings in their dashboard. Each of these listings had all of the information filled out: all category fields, hours, payments, photos, etc. I noticed when I logged into their account yesterday that Google wiped their account and reverted back to what the listings were originally before we had claimed them. There are no more custom categories, hours, photos, etc. for each listing. Also, the formatting of the business names have changed as well. Have you heard of this happening to anybody? It seems like a major gitch on Google's part? All of the information that is no longer in the dashboard is still displaying live though (I dont know how long this will last though...). I am not sure what to do-- enhance the 8 listings all over again? Report this to Google somewhere in hopes they will revert their changes?Thanks for all of your help!

Hi Rachel,

1st I've heard.

Sorry running out door. Gone all night and all day/night tomorrow. Hopefully someone else can weigh in or if you can provide a little more details that would be great.

Google wiped their account and reverted back to what the listings were originally before we had claimed them. There are no more custom categories, hours, photos, etc. for each listing. Also, the formatting of the business names have changed as well. Have you heard of this happening to anybody? It seems like a major gitch on Google's part? All of the information that is no longer in the dashboard is still displaying live though (I dont know how long this will last though...).

Sorry for delay Rachel.

You are saying that the changes and the data that got wiped out is INSIDE their dash?

That's very odd. Normally she doesn't change what's IN the dashboard, just what's live. I've never heard of this happening before.

IF that's what you are saying and everything is stripped out of dashboard but everything live is correct, I don't know how you'd even report as there is not an option for dashboard problems.

What I recommend is to post over at the G forum with links to maybe 2 of the listings in question. Then post here giving me the link to your thread over there and after I read it if I can't figure anything else out, I'll escalate for you.

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Yes, it seems like the listings in the dashboard were wiped. All of the custom information/enhancements I added to each listing are now gone (even though showing live still).

I posted the issue on the Google Places Forum here: Google Groups

Please let me know if there is anything else you'd like me to do for this! Thank you for all of your help, we appreciate it!

Thanks Rachel, a little tied up but will get over there soon.

I did notice this and don't want to draw attention to it on the G forum. But the one that's "do not support" I think is due to violation.

Name is listed as Dr. Andrew Wolfe - Denver Office. I realize why you did it and likely more for pts benefit. But technically the algo I think would still view that as keyword stuffing city in the title.

Hi Linda,

Yeah we were having a lot of merging issues with all of their listings so we tried to differentiate the listings this way. I wanted to remove them in the titles before contacting you but didn't want to edit/save the listings in this wiped version of the listings. I wasn't sure that if I saved the listings looking like this if the listings live would start displaying the same thing...what do you think?

Thanks,

Ya I'd hold off making any changes while a dashboard is borked. Just noticed and wanted to mention.

Rachel, replied at G forum and escalated to Google. Will keep you posted.

Talked to Jade, she needs the email address used to manage this account.
Will PM you for it so will be private.

Hi Linda,

Did you receive my message back? I clicked "Submit Message" but it says I have 0 messages in my Sent Items.

Thank you again!!

I got it. Another member had that problem. So I need to check the default forum settings. But go into your general settings and there you can select to auto save all PMs in your sent folder.

Plus I just had David add a script so that issue is fixed and auto save is on by default now.

Sick and running really slow today but will get that email address over to Jade soon and will keep you posted.

Connected with her on it earlier. Will keep you posted.

Rachel, Jade and team took a look. Could not really see a problem or figure out what happened. They are watching for other reports.

Could they tell where the information being displayed live was being pulled from since it is no longer in the dashboard?

Thanks for your help in trying Linda, I really appreciate it. Do you suggest I give up and edit all the listings over myself?

Thank you!

I asked a couple more Qs for clarification, including those 2.
Let you know when I hear back.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom