Reaction score
I'm working on making a GMB profile for an insurance agency a bit more complete and would like everyone's advice on categorizing insurance products vs services. My instinct tells me that the products should be "auto insurance" "home insurance" etc. And the services might be things like "Electronic signatures", "Comparative quotes", "Risk Management", etc.

With that said, GMB prefills the Services with that of the Categories I chose for the profile (auto insurance, home insurance, etc.) It also has an "Add another business category" button at the bottom of the Services tab/page.

I'm afraid that if I remove "auto insurance" and others from the Services Tab they will also be removed as Categories? I'd also like to get everyone's ideas on how to look at Products vs. Services.

As I said, I thought I'd ask the community before making changes to my profile. Any advice is appreciated.

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

I found this example that I think is doing a good job with the products and services.

Laura Harris: Allstate Insurance
Colan,

I'm just getting started with Products and Services listings in GMB. I don't see either appearing on the public view of the business. I'm guessing they are only seen while editing the record and that they are not shown to the public?

I do notice what I believe to be Services showing in a three-pack with green check marks next to them. But I don't see either Products or Services being shown for this particular business.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Reaction score
Colan,

I'm just getting started with Products and Services listings in GMB. I don't see either appearing on the public view of the business. I'm guessing they are only seen while editing the record and that they are not shown to the public?

I do notice what I believe to be Services showing in a three-pack with green check marks next to them. But I don't see either Products or Services being shown for this particular business.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Let me add that I do see the Service "Online Appointments" on this profile. But no Products to be found. Do you know if this business has Products listed in their profile?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
mikepetersonwi Products and Services for Insurance Agency NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
B Adding Accepted Health Insurances NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
B "Check Insurance Info" Link In GMB - How'd it get there? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
W Accepted Health Insurance Feature on Google My Business Google News: Important Changes & Features 14
JoshuaMackens Insurance Citation Sites Local Search 5
Colan Nielsen GMB Adds "Manage insurance info for your practice" Section to Guidelines Google My Business & Google Maps 2
mikepetersonwi List an insurance agency as a SAB or not? Service Area Businesses 4
Tim Colling Liability insurance for agencies 💲💲💲 Consultant's Corner 7
djbaxter Pros and cons of cyber insurance Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
R Repurposing Insurance Agent Listings for use with New Agents? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
R Naming Conventions for Insurance Company Agent Listings with Secondary Agency Names Google My Business & Google Maps 8
V Strange Insurance Categories in Baxter, MN Google My Business & Google Maps 3
jsherloc State Farm Insurance Agents Clarifications Local Search 6
carltonrsmith Local SEO for captive insurance agent website Local Search 8
M Independent insurance agent dupes Google Duplicates & Merges 4
M Independent insurance agent dupes Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Cleaner44 Let's talk about... Listings for Insurance Agencies Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Nyagoslav Insurance Agencies Disallowed to Post Testimonials on Site Local Search 9
C Working With Big Brand Insurance Agent Help & Support for Google Local 11
Greg Bernhardt Attribution for product clicks in GMB panel Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Rich Owings GMB products with UTM tracking not showing in GSC Help & Support for Google Local 1
greenworld_ GMB Products Image Size Google My Business & Google Maps 2
F Stock Photos for Products for a Dentist Google My Business & Google Maps 6
S GMB Products and Q&A Google My Business & Google Maps 8
B Google My Business Product Photo Errors Google My Business & Google Maps 3
RobbertKleijwegt Confused after adding Product Posts to listing Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR GMB Listing Services and Products Local Search 6
Eoghan_MFeed Looking for a SaaS but more importantly Local Search experienced product managers 🔍 Local SEO Job Board 0
RobertCarnitas Google Merchant Center Product Ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
TriciaClements Menu/products missing from GMB dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Greg Bernhardt Sharing reviews between very similar products? Organic SEO 4
brettmandoes Products - appears for some HVAC clients, but not others Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Jeffrey Taylor Google Products Carousel Google My Business & Google Maps 2
L Product Info Disappearing NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
diddy1 Product Images? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
hajnasiewicz Welcome to the Bronze Level of Google’s Product Experts Program Help & Support for Google Local 11
ChristianRdz What causes the product feature to appear on listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Jeffrey Taylor Product Carousel Category Buttons Question Google My Business & Google Maps 0
B Can you get Google Product Feature added? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Jeffrey Taylor Product carousel not updating products Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Shelly LodgingBusiness or Product / Accommodations schema for rental homes on a vacation rental agency website Local Search 1
Gerry.Foster Products & Services insights? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Colan Nielsen NEW "Suggested Categories" for GMB Products Google My Business & Google Maps 2
hajnasiewicz GMB Products - copy to other locations NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
Jeffrey Taylor Posting Services in the Products Carousel Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Lanerizz Getting Option to Add Products For GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 11
rayrober Missing Product Editor Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
Gerry.Foster Is there a difference between Post offers and products? Google Local 101 1
P GMB products insights Google My Business & Google Maps 20
lancemoore22 Google Products Missing? Google My Business & Google Maps 5