More threads by mikepetersonwi

Reaction score
I'm working on making a GMB profile for an insurance agency a bit more complete and would like everyone's advice on categorizing insurance products vs services. My instinct tells me that the products should be "auto insurance" "home insurance" etc. And the services might be things like "Electronic signatures", "Comparative quotes", "Risk Management", etc.

With that said, GMB prefills the Services with that of the Categories I chose for the profile (auto insurance, home insurance, etc.) It also has an "Add another business category" button at the bottom of the Services tab/page.

I'm afraid that if I remove "auto insurance" and others from the Services Tab they will also be removed as Categories? I'd also like to get everyone's ideas on how to look at Products vs. Services.

As I said, I thought I'd ask the community before making changes to my profile. Any advice is appreciated.

Hey Mike,

I found this example that I think is doing a good job with the products and services.

Laura Harris: Allstate Insurance
Colan,

I'm just getting started with Products and Services listings in GMB. I don't see either appearing on the public view of the business. I'm guessing they are only seen while editing the record and that they are not shown to the public?

I do notice what I believe to be Services showing in a three-pack with green check marks next to them. But I don't see either Products or Services being shown for this particular business.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Colan,

I'm just getting started with Products and Services listings in GMB. I don't see either appearing on the public view of the business. I'm guessing they are only seen while editing the record and that they are not shown to the public?

I do notice what I believe to be Services showing in a three-pack with green check marks next to them. But I don't see either Products or Services being shown for this particular business.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Let me add that I do see the Service "Online Appointments" on this profile. But no Products to be found. Do you know if this business has Products listed in their profile?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom