More threads by KieranThomas

KieranThomas

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just wondering whether it's worthwhile spending time adding product and service information to local citations.

I've seen this great article by @Colan Nielsen (Do GMB Products Impact Ranking and Drive Website Traffic and Conversions? [Case Study] - Sterling Sky Inc) so want to put GBP aside for one moment and talk in more general terms. For example, on sites like Yell.com, FreeIndex, etc

Obviously creating these can take quite a bit of time, so I'm just curious if anyone has done any research into whether they've had any positive impacts on rankings, CTRs, traffic and most importantly, conversions?

Thanks

I think this depends on the industry and where your potential customers are searching for products and services in that industry. Also, if there are local sites that are popular in the area those could be worth it too. For example, if your target customer is often on a local or industry directory or review site, then yes it may be worth it to add product and service info just so a customer can see what you offer and potentially have a link back to your site.

The two examples you give, Yell.com and FreeIndex, are general directory sites that your target customer may not be frequenting or ever visit. That said, if you see referral traffic from either of these sites or they show up in the SERP for a branded search, you should optimize the profiles as much as you can including adding product and service info.

I wouldn't go crazy adding product and service info to ALL citations and directories, but key ones you can identify may be worth it.

If it's products you're adding, I recommend adding product images to the important sites you identify, Google is adding more and more images to the SERP these days so tons of opportunities there. Here are two examples of product images from review sites pulled into the SERP for branded searches.

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 4.30.55 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 4.32.55 PM.jpg

Hi all,

I'm just wondering whether it's worthwhile spending time adding product and service information to local citations.

I've seen this great article by @Colan Nielsen (Do GMB Products Impact Ranking and Drive Website Traffic and Conversions? [Case Study] - Sterling Sky Inc) so want to put GBP aside for one moment and talk in more general terms. For example, on sites like Yell.com, FreeIndex, etc

Obviously creating these can take quite a bit of time, so I'm just curious if anyone has done any research into whether they've had any positive impacts on rankings, CTRs, traffic and most importantly, conversions?

Thanks

The more keywords you add to your citations, the better. Your products & services can be a rich source of keywords. Therefore, go ahead & add your products & services to your citations.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom