More threads by Oliver Keates

Reaction score
Is it worth adding the GBP map feature to my website? I would be interested in the pros and cons of doing this.

thanks

I always like to add an embedded map onto the website showing the GBP, it's a nice UX feature and lets a customer easily navigate to the business's GBP if desired. Plus, it can help Google understand the connection between the business website and the GBP.

In addition to what @Conor Treacy and @ElizabethRule mentioned, we have found it SEO beneficial to also include the map on local landing pages along with written directions from that location. YMMV, but for us, we have found written directions above the Map seem to reinforce the connection that Elizabeth mentioned. This strategy has worked really well for us. We use something other than Google Maps to create the directions, like Mapquest and then manually edit those directions and make it look nice and pretty, including a well worded H2.

Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 12.22.19 PM.jpg

Here to underline all the above as well! We add the embedded Google Map to all location pages. It's great for UX, but also to add another unique element to the page specific to the location.

I agree with the responses above. Have a map if it makes sense for the user (meaning where they would seek to know your location and/or get directions. For most sites this means, contact page and location pages. Don't needlessly add it to all pages.
Also, if you have a multi-location customer, consider using Google Maps Platform Solution Library instead of the GBP map. They have a super easy Locator Plus tool that can let you setup and deploy a location finder with 0 programming knowledge in about 10 minutes. It can also feature/show reviews, photos, book appointment links, and more.
Basic Example here: Auto Repair Shop Near Me - Find a Car Mechanic in Missouri

definitely it help to crawler to know where you located. even you can make the same page with the location name in the website to make more perfect. recent i just created a two google business profiles on the the different location with the same name. i just created pages of every location with the city name. like tree services in xyz Oklahoma.

Recently, Google has been suggesting that we add maps on our website even though we already have the GBP map embedded on the Contact Page (Screenshot of Google's Suggestion). I don't understand. Do you think this suggestion is to add a Google Maps API to the website? Can someone please advise what to do?

1722529514268.jpg

@VigneshK I don't believe that Google (specifically the GBP) is actually making recommendations due to a lack of functionality on your website, it is just general advice. You would get this advice whether you have an embedded map or not, on any page of your website.

In addition to what @Conor Treacy and @ElizabethRule mentioned, we have found it SEO beneficial to also include the map on local landing pages along with written directions from that location. YMMV, but for us, we have found written directions above the Map seem to reinforce the connection that Elizabeth mentioned. This strategy has worked really well for us. We use something other than Google Maps to create the directions, like Mapquest and then manually edit those directions and make it look nice and pretty, including a well worded H2.

Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 12.22.19 PM.jpg

Hi, this is interesting, it's something new for me. How exactly would this help us? Do you have an example of how it looks on the site?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Navigating GBP Support

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom