More threads by GBP-Rob

GBP-Rob

Reaction score
I'm probably wording myself horribly, so sorry in advance for that. (Non native English speaker, hehe)

I have noticed the last week that when performing neccesary edits for our clients, i.ex the primary business category is wrong and they desperately want to change it.

I have recently started taking a note of the CID, but I do not have it for this one.
But when it gets suspended, the listing is supposed to go away from Search/Maps, right?

I'm 99% sure that it is the same listings, and when listings that are within the guidelines gets suspended for an actual honest edit, it gets suspeded, but it also stays visible in search..

Any insights?

There are two levels of suspension:
  • Soft suspension still shows the basic GBP as though it didn't have any owner anymore.
  • Hard suspension do hide the GBP away.
  • In a revalidation, everything is still visible, but no changes (including the one that triggered the revalidation) can be done until the validation goes through.
There's also deactivations which are distinct from hard suspensions (label is different in agency dahsboard and they make you submit through a different form instead of the reinstatement requests), but I've no idea what the difference is. I've hypothesized it's a manual actual of some sort or an AI response to a user suggestion, but it's all pure speculation.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom