More threads by TriciaClements

Reaction score
The business is an online directory of local businesses. While they are online, they serve local businesses and do a few things that have in-person contact.
  • Their main service is the online directory.
  • They have a printed directory that will be coming out by the end of the year for local businesses.
  • They had an in-person business expo a few months ago.
Before I go through the trouble of setting up the GMB profile and working on it, would Google consider this an eligible business or is too much of it online-based business?

I was thinking it is similar to a local business association, which is allowed.

Here are some of the categories I'm considering for it:

Marketing agency
Business Development Service
Association or organization
Business Networking Company
Business Management Consultant
Business to Business Service

Thanks!

If they have a staffed office that has signage (their head office) you should be okay to set it up but you would need to use the category "corporate office" similar to Amazon or Google.

@JoyHawkins No, this is a SAB and I should have clarified when I said Local Business. They are in one city, it's not in multiple cities.

My initial thought was that it wouldn't be eligible as an online directory, but they are doing local outreach with a live in person business expo and printed directory for local businesses, again in just one city.

I'm thinking that unless they get a physical location, that they shouldn't get a GMB.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom