More threads by Butch Flarida

Butch Flarida

Reaction score
We saw this pop up when we did a specific vehicle make/model search - 2023 toyota gr86 premium - we know the carousel at the top are the GVAs and it looks like the right hand side is showing GBP Inventory Feeds. But there are multiple feeds showing, so what is the root source for all those feeds? Is it Google itself?

GBP1.jpg

GBP2.jpg

Solution
No one from Google has commented on this - but you're right, it's the Vehicles for Sale feed (we can tell because it's the Google-hosted VDP that you see when you click a VFS link) - when i do the same search here in Plano, the top 3 I see are from the 2 closest Toyota dealers to my physical location... when I click to see more results, I only see one additional listing, and that's for a dealership that's 30 miles away.
Looks the same for your screen capture - the first 2 are from a dealership that's closer than the 3rd listing

So I'd GUESS that Google is basing the list off of proximity to point of search - and simply displaying live inventory based on what's actually in stock at nearby dealerships...
We saw this pop up when we did a specific vehicle make/model search - 2023 toyota gr86 premium - we know the carousel at the top are the GVAs and it looks like the right hand side is showing GBP Inventory Feeds. But there are multiple feeds showing, so what is the root source for all those feeds? Is it Google itself?

GBP1.jpg

GBP2.jpg

@Greg Gifford

No one from Google has commented on this - but you're right, it's the Vehicles for Sale feed (we can tell because it's the Google-hosted VDP that you see when you click a VFS link) - when i do the same search here in Plano, the top 3 I see are from the 2 closest Toyota dealers to my physical location... when I click to see more results, I only see one additional listing, and that's for a dealership that's 30 miles away.
Looks the same for your screen capture - the first 2 are from a dealership that's closer than the 3rd listing

So I'd GUESS that Google is basing the list off of proximity to point of search - and simply displaying live inventory based on what's actually in stock at nearby dealerships...

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom