Conor Treacy

Reaction score
We know that the keywords in reviews can play a factor in the rankings, but something I found with a relatively new business was keywords in the replies to the reviews.

They have 6 reviews (they reek of fakeness), but the interesting thing was the reply from the business. They reply with a generic paragraph, then they list their services;
Service name
paragraph about the service
Service name #2
paragraph about the service #2

They do this for 6 different services and fill up the review character count.

When Google shows the review, they only show the opening paragraph about the business thanking them for the review etc, but when you click the View More, the reply is littered with their service and keywords etc.
I haven't seen anyone doing it this way before, have you? Are the keywords in the reply helping the ranking in the maps too?

concrete-review-on-Google-Maps.jpg

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
We know that the keywords in reviews can play a factor in the rankings
Do we? I know lots of people say this but I have yet to see a study that shows how anyone has concluded that. We conducted a test a few months ago on it that I'll be presenting at our LocalU event next month but (spoiler) it resulted in no impact from shoving keywords into the reviews.

BenFisher

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Yup I am with Joy here, KW's in replies are useless.

Conor Treacy

Reaction score
Thanks for the update on that.

I guess I'm just going off the older info that's been around. Stuff from Linda (yes, that's 5 years old, and boy does SEO change in just months, let alone years), Greg Gifford had some stuff from 2020, Search Engine Journal's stuff and their reference to the 2021 report with WhiteSpark.

It's the first time I've seen anyone using a reply and stuffing their services into it like that...

piotrek.gab

Reaction score
Do we? I know lots of people say this but I have yet to see a study that shows how anyone has concluded that. We conducted a test a few months ago on it that I'll be presenting at our LocalU event next month but (spoiler) it resulted in no impact from shoving keywords into the reviews.
@JoyHawkins This will be an interesting presentation for sure. Do you mean LocalU event in Denver in July? Will it be possible to listen to your presentation (live or recording) or get access to the results online for people who can't attend personally?

cfazio

Reaction score

Curious if the review + photos had any positive correlation.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom