More threads by hajnasiewicz

hajnasiewicz

GMB Product Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
we have a vendor that asked us to link to their website but its not https. I hate for our website visitors to select the link and then get the scary Privacy Error pop up in chrome indicating "Your connection is not private, attackers might be trying to steal your information from this domain.

UPDATE: the website is informational in nature, no credit card or personal transactions occur there.

We don't have an internal corporate policy on this and we probably should.

Your thoughts please?

Last edited:
A non-SSL connection means that anything sent along the line is insecure, as I'm sure you know.

SSL Certificates are cheap these days and in a lot of cases free (cPanel has free domain certificates which are autoupdated).

Why is this site still non-SSL? Do they realize that anyone visiting their page will be dissuaded from continuing in all modern browsers? That would be my starting point: asking them why they haven't updated to the world 0f 2019.

A non-SSL connection means that anything sent along the line is insecure, as I'm sure you know.

SSL Certificates are cheap these days and in a lot of cases free (cPanel has free domain certificates which are autoupdated).

Why is this site still non-SSL? Do they realize that anyone visiting their page will be dissuaded from continuing in all modern browsers? That would be my starting point: asking them why they haven't updated to the world 0f 2019.
Thank you, I appreciate your reply. We won't be able to meet their request until they bring their website up to current security standards.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom