ccastell88

Reaction score
Hi i have noticed that every time we update a address via Google places bulk uploader (via edit your data file) not the actual excel sheet.

We change the address, however the listing does not go into pending.

So it's as if the listing had updated without going to pending.

However if you go to the actual listing itself, the address had not changed.

Should we first delete the listing, then recreate a brand new one with a new address as it seems updating the listing address is not working.

Regards.
George

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't do too much with bulk, but I would try reaching out to Google via phone support.

You have done the correct procedure for when a business moves, so there must be a back-end issue that's preventing the new address from showing live.

Did you double check to see if Google split off a new listing with the new address?

Kristen

Reaction score
That's interesting. We recently updated the address of a listing from the back end of an old Places dash and didn't have to re-verify and the account is not pending.

Yet...the live listing still shows the old address. A case for phone support I assume?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Was it a big move? Like across town? If so have you checked to see if Google created a new listing?

If not, then yes I'd call support.

Kristen

Reaction score
Hi Linda,

The move was 18 miles away in a neighboring city. I don't see any duplicates as of now. Guess I'll have to call support about it. Either that, or I was thinking of poking the listing in hopes that it might update.

Thanks,
Kristen

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Changes in the old dash are taking forever to never to go live.

I'd call support. Not sure pokes work any more cuz the back end is just so crippled.

Please let us know how it goes and if they say anything of interest.

Kristen

Reaction score
Okay, I'll call support and let you know if they say anything of interest.

Thanks!
Kristen

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ganapathy How to Update New Business Address in Existing GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 4
E Google Maps buried listing after updating address Google My Business & Google Maps 30
C Listing addresses not updating? Moving or Name Changes 6
B Will Removing Addresses for Multiple State SAB Result in Dup Listing or Suspension? Service Area Businesses 4
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
JoyHawkins [Technical Issue] Don't Change the Address on Service Area Business Listings Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
Tim Colling How to find the email address of another User on a GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
NickB-Tampa Listing with no ratings and incorrect address outranking listings for same business with good ratings and proper addresses Google My Business & Google Maps 5
david.victor Brand New GMB Listing Suspended (I think) because of...address(?) NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
raellovepie 1 Address - 9 Confirmed Listings | Best way to report? Spam on Google 5
L How to get GMB listing to trigger with no address? Service Area Businesses 4
Jen Currier Can a Business have two GMB listings within the same state if one is set up as a SAB and the other w/a Physical Address? Google Duplicates & Merges 5
Tim Colling Duplicate listings at same address, which would you report? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Travis Van Slooten Client's 3+ Year GMB Listing Uses UPS Address (Leave As-Is or Change)? Moving or Name Changes 6
Charles Jenkins Can a home based business list address on GMB? Local Search 2
Tim Colling Address change to "unstick" new GMB listing stuck in "Review" Google My Business & Google Maps 2
R Home Business Address Listing? Organic SEO 5
C Proper Way To Remove Address of Pre-existing Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Annika Neudecker GMB listings not associating with address pages Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Oliver Keates How to list a mobile business that doesn't have a fixed address Google My Business & Google Maps 3
snysarah "Clear address" versus hide address in backend of listing Service Area Businesses 2
C Do Listings With Address Displayed Get Priority? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
iwebresults Help - 2 Different Addresses and GMB Listings - for 1 Business Google My Business & Google Maps 7
billbean GMB Listing for Temporary Address Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Colling Finding the "declared" address for an SAB listing Local Search 7
Travis Van Slooten How to Make an Address Change to Claimed Google Listing (with no access to it) Google My Business & Google Maps 7
H Tool to Search for a List Specific Address Locations to See if They are Listed in Map Local SEO Tools & Software 4
MichaelW Duplicate listing, 2nd office, old address citations, Any Help? Help & Support for Google Local 11
Christa Morgante Main/Practitioner Listings Marked as Duplicate Addresses in GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 6
A Using a variation of an address for a separate 7-pack listing? Local Search 3
Gsmithmike Can you have two google local listings with same address and different phone numbers? Local Search 3
Tim Colling Changing from listing with address to "service area business" Help & Support for Google Local 10
N Can't Add Address In Listing Help & Support for Google Local 5
M Main Location listing + Agent listing + Same Address = DUPE? Google Duplicates & Merges 12
M Main Location listing + Agent listing + Same Address = DUPE? Google Duplicates & Merges 12
A Listing a mailing address along with physical address Local Search 4
RobinOctane Listings IP Address Already in Use (Acxiom) Citations 13
G Multiple Listings - Same Address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
C Duplicate Practitioner Listings - both with different address but same phone Help & Support for Google Local 8
N Change of address with new Google+ Local listing Moving or Name Changes 2
Nick Rink Change of address with new Google+ Local listing Moving or Name Changes 2
B 2 listings at the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 15
M How to optimize the G+ local listing to main city when you have address in sub city Local Search 3
John Tabita Questions about changing address / business name on local listings Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Travis Van Slooten "Fake" Addresses for Google Places Listings - What's The Worse That Could Happen? Local Search 13
Vijay Marathe Google Places listing for a real agent has the same address as that of his principal Local Search 8
L Whacked Listing Reinclusion Troubleshooter - Do Not Support, Hide Address Problem Service Area Businesses 5
Linda Buquet Whacked Listing Reinclusion Troubleshooter - Do Not Support, Hide Address Problem Service Area Businesses 5
M G+ listing/map not being cross-referenced with cities beyond city of actual address Help & Support for Google Local 1
R Address Research Methods before Changing Online NAP Listings? Local Search 2