More threads by Will Dolezal

Reaction score
We have a side business that also operates at our main business location. The business offerings are different enough that we have two brands for them. The main business is dry cleaning and the side business is vintage garment restoration.

Can anyone recommend a best case solution for creating visibility on Google+ for the side business?

My thought process so far is:
Don't create a Local page and risk messing up the main business.
Create an Brand/Organization page to store information on the side business.

Any thoughts on this russian matryoshka doll situation would be appreciated! Thanks.

We have a side business that also operates at our main business location. The business offerings are different enough that we have two brands for them. The main business is dry cleaning and the side business is vintage garment restoration.

Can anyone recommend a best case solution for creating visibility on Google+ for the side business?

My thought process so far is:
Don't create a Local page and risk messing up the main business.
Create an Brand/Organization page to store information on the side business.

Any thoughts on this russian matryoshka doll situation would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hi Will,

Ya I don't think the 2nd business would qualify for a G+ L listing. Plus I doubt there is a cat specific enough for that niche.

So I'd do what you suggested above. But the Brand G+ listing won't rank.

So I'd optimize that one for organic. Probably is not that competitive and also I'm not even sure those KWs would pull a pack cuz they are so niche. So organic and Brand page would be the way to go, I would think.

Anyone else have thoughts?

I'm with Linda here. Turn focus to solid on site and robust service content and blogging that targets all related questions, how to's, semantic and or related intent queries around core services

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom