consultant

Reaction score
Do any of the listing management services like Yext offer control over which directories they push your data to? I know this is not possible in InfoGroup's ExpressUpdate. Wondering because I have a home business where I want to list on directories that hide your address, but on those that don't have that option I want to try to push my PO Box address out to them. Yes, you can do this manually but some of the directories like Whitepages and Local.com to name a couple, don't allow direct submit. Whitepages you have to go through Infogroup (Express Update) and Local.com makes you go through Yext.

-- edit -- appears Yext lets you pick individual sites but you must pay for them. I know you can claim your free Yahoo listing, looks like not possible with other sites on Yext?

-- edit -- Here's page for Local.com (making some progress!) https://advertise.local.com/

Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
FYI - Moved your post to citations since that's really what you're referring to. That way, you'll get more eyes on it.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I wouldn't use a PO Box at all, even just for citations where you can't hide your address. Because you're hiding your address on other citations, only the PO Box citations will be visible and Google will actually think your address is the PO Box even though you've told it different in the Google My Business dashboard. Because of this, you won't rank well at all.

If you don't want to show your home address, really the only thing to do is to sign up for the directories that allow hiding of your address and that's it.

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
I think Whitespark and Bright Local let you choose directories a la carte. I'll also second what Joshua said and don't use a PO box. You're only setting yourself up for a bigger headache when you need to clean up that mess later.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Google Allows a Custom List of Services to GMB Listings Service Area Businesses 14
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR GMB Listing Services and Products Local Search 6
JoyHawkins Are Local Services Ads Stealing Clicks from Google My Business? A Case Study of 110 Listings Paid Search and Local Service Ads 0
Caroline S 1 Service Area Business, 10 Listings, Several Redressals Reported, No Action From Google - Help! Help & Support for Google Local 7
JoyHawkins [Technical Issue] Don't Change the Address on Service Area Business Listings Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
ValerieM Suspended Listing for longtime service area business Service Area Businesses 9
danielwallace Needing to transfer reviews from local listings to 1 service area listing Google Duplicates & Merges 1
M Fake Map Listings Auto-Created by Citation Service? Spam on Google 6
S Automotive Dealership Parts & Service Listings Showing Near Proper GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Ellen Car Dealership Service Department Listings Showing for Brand Search Google My Business & Google Maps 4
E.Dieter Martin 1 service area business, 1 "office", 2 phones, 2 GMB listings. Merge without losing reviews? Service Area Businesses 1
Cordell Crowley Maximum of 20 Service Areas on a GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Nikki Stine Not receiving postcard verification for Realtor service-area listing Google My Business & Google Maps 5
D Service Area Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 12
JoyHawkins New Service to Help Correct Malicious Edits on Google My Business Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 33
ValerieM Advice Local Directory Listing Service - Suggestions or Advice Citations 24
Oleg Donets Creating GMB listing for individual services Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Oleg Donets How to properly setup "Service areas" feature for SABs in GMB listing? Service Area Businesses 7
M GMB Listing for Shuttle Service / Ticketing Office Multi-Location Issues 4
D Lapse in listing management service = complete ranking loss forever? Local Search 13
C GMB Marking Service Listings as Duplicate Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Garrett Sussman How to Create the Perfect Home Services Listing on Google, Angie's List, and Home Adv Local Reviews 3
Margaret Ornsby Google shutting down service area business listings Google My Business & Google Maps 16
DanLeibson Apple Maps Launches Self Service Listing Portal Local Search 24
Tim Colling Changing from listing with address to "service area business" Help & Support for Google Local 10
iFuse Yext Duplicate Listing Suppression Service Local Search 24
deanPlumberseo Services on a page using bulleted lists Organic SEO 6
Travis Van Slooten Best Practice for Designating Service Area - By Miles Radius or Listing Cities? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Hammer GMB listing, can't find out who owns or request access All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
W Remove Listing Google Local 101 1
Collin "Delete this listing" vs "Remove listing" Google Duplicates & Merges 2
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Old listing reflects the wrong information - But there's a twist. Google Duplicates & Merges 1
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
greenworld_ Adding a new location extension for a separate GMB listing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
M Removing old GMB listing from previous owner of premises Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Professor M New Local European Local listing removals Process Google My Business & Google Maps 1
1 GMB Listing Disabled after updating address... Google My Business & Google Maps 12
TriciaClements 3 Businesses - how to handle GMB listings for SAB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Bar within hotel appearing in place of main hotel listing Help & Support for Google Local 6
Scott Rawlins GMB Listing in Greece Google My Business & Google Maps 4
RobertCarnitas GMB Spam for 'Located In' business - Does it affect the GMB listing for the business that is located inside it? Spam on Google 3
G Internet marketing company and map listings? Help & Support for Google Local 4
D New GMB listing possible due to acquisition of company? Service Area Businesses 3
Elmer .S How to delete duplicate Claimed listings on Yelp? Citations 5
L Multiple Listing Against Guidelines? Multi-Location Issues 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
TriciaClements Realtor Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 14