More threads by JohnnyM

JohnnyM

Reaction score
will embed your google maps in 2500 web2 sites to get ranking in local pack

A client saw this offer on Fiverr and wants to take it. I see bad things arising from this strategy. Am I wrong?

I think I found the gig you are referring to. I'm going to initially say that its probably not a good idea because anything that's so easy most likely doesn't work. However at less than $10 dollars, you can test it out. Not on your client of course. Pick a different random listing (preferably one that looks dead so as not to affect a real business) and buy the gig, then check what the actual output is. Make your judgement afterwards. My guess is that most, if not all of the pages created never get indexed.

A client saw this offer on Fiverr and wants to take it. I see bad things arising from this strategy. Am I wrong?
I've approached one such seller before. I asked for a sample report of what I will get as a client. I was given the report. From the report, I could see that the majority of the sites they used had a high Moz Spam Score. When I questioned the seller, this is the reply I got (attached). Therefore, I did not proceed.

So trust yourself & make a good decision. If it works well for you, please let us know.

Untitled.jpg

Embedding maps do most definitely help with your GMB rankings, BUT I doubt the quality of those sites is good enough to see any improvements. If your clients want to do map embeds, go with a GOOD press release that can offer "do-follow" links. Also, drop your schema markup inside the map embed. It helps!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom