More threads by Tpow

Tpow

Reaction score
I checked local search results recently for sewer repar in cities we serve, and I found that for "sewer repair silver spring" "sewer repair bethesda" and "sewer repair potomac" there is no map pack, but rather one single giant GBP listing shown in the right hand panel, and no way to "see more businesses" like on the map pack.

I think this is recent. For Silver Spring, at least, we have previously been second on the map pack, but now there is no map pack and no way for searchers to even see other GBPs.

Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 12.08.12 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 12.08.55 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 12.09.16 PM.jpg

Try to report the keyword stuffing in the first two screenshots, then just optimize so that a single business doesn't get the knowledge pack for these queries. Easier said than done, but that is the solution.

Try to report the keyword stuffing in the first two screenshots, then just optimize so that a single business doesn't get the knowledge pack for these queries. Easier said than done, but that is the solution.

Thanks for the reply. I can't figure out why Google would consider this a good experience for a user. There are a lot of plumbers in Silver Spring to choose from.

Yes, seems unusual, but it may be a temporary bug. Or who knows? Notably, Google has been in the news a lot lately, for not providing a good user experience/search results.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom