More threads by rosie.brightlocal

Reaction score
Hi everyone, happy Friday!

We've just released our latest piece of research, looking into the impact of Google's Local Services ads on local SERPs. We monitored 5,500 local searches to try and find out how the emergence of LSAs are affecting where people click when looking for local businesses - and well as to find out the motivations behind people's clicks.

It's a big old report with a lot of information (and insights from LSA-expert Tom Waddington!), so I really hope you find it as interesting as I do!

You can read the full report here: Local Services Ads Click Study: Where Do People Click on Local SERPs?

Thanks!
Rosie :alien:

This key finding surprised me: "Organic results receive the most clicks of all SERP types, though they see a drop of 6.8% when LSAs are present."

I guess I am biased toward getting into the 3-pack.

By far (and that's saying a lot) the best study published by BrightLocal in my opinion. They're all gold, but the information in this particular study is amazing. Very well through out and executed it seems as well.

Well done BrightLocal!

Great article & research! Thank you.
The biggest thing it leaves me wondering is how do the Local Pack and Organic results do when Yelp is not in the #1 Organic slot.

Same here. I thought the map pack would get more clicks than organic.

Same.

Great article & research! Thank you.
The biggest thing it leaves me wondering is how do the Local Pack and Organic results do when Yelp is not in the #1 Organic slot.

That is a good question.

I also noticed that the 1st actual business website in organic usually got more clicks than the 2nd or 3rd spot that had another "yelp" in those positions, like Homeadvisor, Thumbtack, etc. Seems like some people want an actual business over a list sometimes.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom