More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
The new carousel replacement, has been called the Hamburger pack, fanny pack & snack pack. LocalU just did a vote for the name and so far Local Stack is the winner, so let's see if it sticks.

Speaking of the Local Stack, Nifty Marketing did a click test to see where folks are clicking on the new display.

<a href="http://niftymarketing.com/click-study-test-new-local-stack/">Click Study Test: The New Local Stack | Nifty Marketing</a>
Below is just a snippet - so click the link above to read the full post.

Now that the local search industry has decided what to call the newly replaced local carousel results (Local Stack has a heavy lead) I thought it was high time we ran some tests through Usability Hub.

The biggest takeaway for me from this (and the previous click studies I have done) is that local is not everything, PPC, is not everything, and Organic is not everything. The combination and importance given to each is important and can create a great local search marketing strategy. Those who only focus on one of the areas are those who find themselves eventually without traffic and without options.

Interestingly, even with the images in the Local Stack, in the 1st heat map, the listing that got the clicks was #1 organic, EVEN THOUGH it was below the stack and below the fold.

Click over to see the heat maps and Mike's commentary about them.

What do you think???
<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="The new carousel replacement, which has been called the Hamburger pack and fanny pack has been renamed the Local Stack. See where they click!">
<meta property="og:image" content="http://niftymarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/New-Pack-Click-Test-SLC-%E2%80%A2-Test-Results-%E2%8B%85-UsabilityHub-575x1024.png">

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom