More threads by dotgal

dotgal

Reaction score
Typically I've suggested to clients servicing specific local areas to include their business address in the footer as well as on the Contact Us page. My client is saying that they don't want to include the business address on the footer because it will make them look like a small player and they have intentions of expanding their service areas. Is it important to have the address in the footer for SEO so that essentially it's part of every page? What's your recommendation on how to best include location address for schema markup for SEO? Would it be better to add a listing of the service areas (cities / geographic regions) that the business serves?

If it's a single-location business, I would recommend it go in the footer. If it's a multi-location business, I'd leave it off.

If it's a single-location business, I would recommend it go in the footer. If it's a multi-location business, I'd leave it off.
@JoyHawkins - The business goes out to where the clients are located and are planning to expand on that. How would this change your advice? Would it be better to list the geographic regions the business is serving?

I would suggest doing service area pages in that case. I still wouldn't link to these in the footer though. Usually it's better to have a "service areas" hub that you link to in the main navigation that lists all the cities they service (each city can have it's own page).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom