More threads by JohnnyM

JohnnyM

Reaction score
I have a location in Stratford CT that has completely fallen out of Maps but is not suspended, closed or in any way had actions taken against it from Google. If I Google the company name the Location in Stamford, 30 miles away, comes up.
I have been doing this for over 10 years and have not come across this before. If they were suspended I would at least be notified to fix something.
This is the location - Google Maps

I have a location in Stratford CT that has completely fallen out of Maps but is not suspended, closed or in any way had actions taken against it from Google. If I Google the company name the Location in Stamford, 30 miles away, comes up.
I have been doing this for over 10 years and have not come across this before. If they were suspended I would at least be notified to fix something.
This is the location - Google Maps

When did you notice the drop in rankings?

Typo in your search term, Johnny. When I clicked it, it looks for--> f and f painting strartford ct
which gives the 2035830119 location as 17th in the search.

When corrected to stratford, it gives the 4752362128 location as #1. Is that your expected result?

Last edited:
Thank you for the correction. The issue is the same however. When searching for "painting contractor Stratford" the are nowhere on Maps when they were #1 just a few weeks ago. The website is still #1 to 3

Please provide the actual date that the traffic dropped off. I suspect it was on September 7th and not the middle of the month. If it was the 7th, then they are being impacted by this issue.

Update - I cleaned up the services offered. They stopped performing many of them. Once that was done the location was back in the map pack in a couple days.
Thanks for all the input.

Update - I cleaned up the services offered. They stopped performing many of them. Once that was done the location was back in the map pack in a couple days.

Interesting, I did not know services could have an actual effect on rankings.

So you removed services listed in the GMB profile under the services tab. Anything under products? How many did you remove and leave?

Maybe having services listed on GMB profile , but not the webiste are what hurt rankings?

Also, dont forget that the algortihm has been fluctuating quite a bit as of late and this could be part of the problem. they are known to break Shtt all the time and seem to revert when algo heats up again.

Find mozcast and you can see the temps. Anytime i see drop in traffic or lead volume for clients, i check moz cast. More than 75% of the time its when the algo is fluctuating. when it settles down, everything seems to return to normal. Not for all clients, just a handful.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom