More threads by wcssderek

wcssderek

Reaction score
We're in the market for a new seo tool that can do local rank tracking (Google Maps) as well as provide organic (Google Desktop & Mobile) ranking results. Bonus points if it also offers a Geo Grid to show how we rank for a keyword phrase when plotted on a map. Our current vendor offers these things, but has become very unreliable in terms of the accuracy of its data. Cost is a factor for us as well. We'd prefer to pay on a total keyword usage basis rather than a location or project basis, because we have over 100 locations and are growing. Any ideas?

So I was with you all the way until you got to the 100 locations/projects section :)

BrightLocal is what we use for local, desktop, mobile and grid - it covers each of those. Their SEO Pro plan also meets the mark when you want UP TO 100 locations monitored, but you'll blow through your credits when looking at the Local Search Grid end of things - they do offer the ability to buy more credits, but you'll want to chat with them in terms of pricing expectation.

I'm sure they have a larger than SEO Pro plan - or maybe buying 2 plans - I don't know.

I think whitespark is definitely a superior option to brightlocal when tracking local rankings. The interface is very well designed and intuitive. The only thing missing is the equivalent of a search grid which bright local offers, hence the reason why I still use their services

Hey Derek,

You might want to check out the Whitespark Local Rank Tracker. It really excels for multi-location rank tracking.

See this comparison with BrightLocal.

And we JUST launched our new Google Business Profiles Tab today, which is very helpful for analyzing rankings across locations, and for finding duplicates in Google. Here's a 2 minute video on it.

I think you'd be surprised how inexpensive it is.

If you want to send me a spreadsheet of locations and a list of keywords, I'll fire up a demo for you so you can test it out. You can email me at darren@whitespark.ca.

Like @Conor Treacy, we use Brightlocal and are very happy with it. However will definitely check out Whitespark's tool since after looking at the comparison that @whitespark Darren Shaw provided, I do like that their reports break out local versus organic results very clearly versus BL's report which is sometimes confusing for our clients. Not sure how Whitespark handles white-labeling their reports, overall I'm happy with Brightlocal's but the external URL provided to the client does not allow for a custom domain/url (e.g. reports.mydomain.com). Instead they have a link that uses their own generic domain (www.local-marketing-reports.com)

Hey Jeff. We have a similar obfuscated white label URL, but we are happy to do custom domains on request! Here's an example:

The white-label functionality is the full reporting functionality. Your clients can change date ranges, filter, see competitor comparisons, etc. The only thing they can't do is edit the campaign.

Happy to answer any questions you have. If you'd like to try it out, it's just a few clicks to import all your campaigns from BrightLocal.

Yes, perfect.

Does tracking work in all regions (Polish) and is it good with the Polish language?
Is any demo version possible?

While Poland isn't listed on our landing page, YES, it definitely works in Poland. There is a 14-day free trial you can sign up for, but with many locations, I can make it easy for you to set up your campaign. You can just email me a spreadsheet of your locations and the keywords you want to track. I need name, address including postcode, phone number, and website URL in the spreadsheet.
Email me at darren@whitespark.ca and I'll set up your demo right away. :)

Like @Conor Treacy, we use Brightlocal and are very happy with it. However will definitely check out Whitespark's tool since after looking at the comparison that @whitespark Darren Shaw provided, I do like that their reports break out local versus organic results very clearly versus BL's report which is sometimes confusing for our clients. Not sure how Whitespark handles white-labeling their reports, overall I'm happy with Brightlocal's but the external URL provided to the client does not allow for a custom domain/url (e.g. reports.mydomain.com). Instead they have a link that uses their own generic domain (www.local-marketing-reports.com). <— Error 404 not found

Hey Jeff. We have a similar obfuscated white label URL, but we are happy to do custom domains on request! Here's an example:

The white-label functionality is the full reporting functionality. Your clients can change date ranges, filter, see competitor comparisons, etc. The only thing they can't do is edit the campaign.

Happy to answer any questions you have. If you'd like to try it out, it's just a few clicks to import all your campaigns from BrightLocal.

Thanks Darren, we'll experiment with the free trial and import in a few of our campaigns and see how it goes. Nice that you have an import feature!

We've been using Brightlocal for the past couple of years after switching from Moz because it got too unaffordable with our number of locations. In the beginning, we really liked their interface and depth of information. We especially liked when they added their local search grid. But for the last 6 months, their rank reporting has been way off, to the point where we can't trust it. We've used Whitespark in the past so I may have to look at it again. I see that others such as SE Ranking and Ahrefs don't do local search well if at all.

We're in the market for a new seo tool that can do local rank tracking (Google Maps) as well as provide organic (Google Desktop & Mobile) ranking results. Bonus points if it also offers a Geo Grid to show how we rank for a keyword phrase when plotted on a map. Our current vendor offers these things, but has become very unreliable in terms of the accuracy of its data. Cost is a factor for us as well. We'd prefer to pay on a total keyword usage basis rather than a location or project basis, because we have over 100 locations and are growing. Any ideas?

Brightlocal offers custom pricing once you get past 100 locations. You will save a lot of money instead of buying credits. I am not a fan of their heat map tool. I prefer Places Scout as the data is better and more robust.

I think whitespark is definitely a superior option to brightlocal when tracking local rankings. The interface is very well designed and intuitive. The only thing missing is the equivalent of a search grid which bright local offers, hence the reason why I still use their services
@Durandl Thanks for the kind words, Luc. Glad you like the system. Search Grid functionality is on the roadmap.

@whitespark Hi Darren,

Do you offer a plan with more locations but fewer keywords per location?
I have a huge number of locations for which I would need to track from a few to a dozen or so keywords.

Hi Marcin. You can use your keyword credits however you want. For example, our enterprise plan gives you 2,500 keywords. Those can be used in many different configurations, such as:

10 keywords tracked across 250 locations = 2,500
OR
50 keywords tracked across 50 locations = 2,500
OR
25 keywords tracked across 100 locations = 2.500
OR
1 keyword tracked across 2,500 locations = 2,500
etc.

Any configuration you want.

Does that answer your question?

Hi Darren. I'll ask again: Switzerland ?

Yes. It basically works in every country, but we haven't explicitly tested every country. For example, we don't know if there will be things that don't work with Korean character sets, sanskrit, etc. But in general. every country is supported.

Thank you.

For clarification... can it search, extract, and download multiple KEYWORDS for GMB/GBR/G-Maps for (1) website as well as local competitors?

1658508423460.jpg

Thank you.

For clarification... can it search, extract, and download multiple KEYWORDS for GMB/GBR/G-Maps for (1) website as well as local competitors?

1658508423460.jpg

Yes, it tracks websites in the "Organic" section, and it tracks Google Business Profiles in the Pack/Maps sections. You can specify up to 3 local competitors to track per campaign.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom