More threads by dannanelli

Reaction score
I currently use Agency Analytics for my local SEO reports. However, their keyword tracker does not track organic and local pack results on Google.com separately. They allow you to either include the local pack or ignore it but you can't choose to track both.

Let me explain how this works with an example. Let's say a site is ranking in the local pack at #3 for "auto detailer" and their website is ranking #8 for "auto detailer", Agency Analytics will show #3 as the ranking for the phrase "auto detailer". If they drop out of the local pack (and drop below #3) then Agency Analytics will show #8 as the ranking for the phrase "auto detailer". This is constantly showing large drops and increases in ranking that are not actually accurate.

Note: They do track Google Maps results separately but that is not the Local Pack on Google.com. I am also aware that other keyword trackers like Whitespark and BrightLocal do have this feature.

Let me just say that I really enjoy Agency Analytics because it makes my reporting super easy and they have many great integrations. I am posting this to see if any other Agency Analytics users are also not satisfied with the way the rank tracker works. I have shared this concern with Agency Analytics but it won't get much attention unless many people report this to Agency Analytics because "updates are based on user demand".

I am posting this to ask for some help. If you have an Agency Analytics account and would also like this feature, please open a ticket with Agency Analytics and let them know. Hopefully, it will get their attention.

Thank you!

Hey Dani! We don't use Agency Analytics, so I don't have any advice on this specific issue, but I will say that we absolutely LOVE DashThis if you end up needing to find an alternative.

I'm currently considering Agency Analytics but also find their reporting solution seriously lacking. @whitespark do you still use DashThis for your unified reporting to clients? If so, are there any good examples of how a report would look for a local client that also does PPC and social media work? It is such a big leap, I want to be sure it's the best fit - gulp!

Hey @rossdunn. Yes, still using DashThis. We don't pull in PPC or social metrics into our dashboards, but I can assure you that it's dead simple. There's a sidebar on the left for every data source and metric you can imagine, and you just add them to your report, configure them, then move them around.

Hey @rossdunn. Yes, still using DashThis. We don't pull in PPC or social metrics into our dashboards, but I can assure you that it's dead simple. There's a sidebar on the left for every data source and metric you can imagine, and you just add them to your report, configure them, then move them around.
Thank you, Darren! How do your clients like receiving reports from Dashthis? Did it require any fancy customization or hacks to create a report they were pleased to use?

For reports we send to clients, we use Data Studio. We don't report on rankings - only leads. So we have Data Studio pull in the info from either GA (if we have call tracking enabled) or from GMB if the client doesn't have call tracking set up. This is what the chart looks like on the leads page we send to clients each month. The rest of the report is more a list of all the work we did, and some photos of what it accomplished.
1624621544744.jpg

We also recently hired Two Octobers to get the jacked-up Data Studio + reports they talked about at the last LocalU. Those are mainly for us to use internally but the way that they process Search Console data is pretty amazing.

For reports we send to clients, we use Data Studio. We don't report on rankings - only leads. So we have Data Studio pull in the info from either GA (if we have call tracking enabled) or from GMB if the client doesn't have call tracking set up. This is what the chart looks like on the leads page we send to clients each month. The rest of the report is more a list of all the work we did, and some photos of what it accomplished.
1624621544744.jpg

We also recently hired Two Octobers to get the jacked-up Data Studio + reports they talked about at the last LocalU. Those are mainly for us to use internally but the way that they process Search Console data is pretty amazing.
Amazing share, thank you, Joy! I am not at the point where I have gone away from rank reporting for clients, it is an uphill battle, sadly. But, this urges me to up my game. Thanks.

I currently use Agency Analytics for my local SEO reports. However, their keyword tracker does not track organic and local pack results on Google.com separately. They allow you to either include the local pack or ignore it but you can't choose to track both.

Let me explain how this works with an example. Let's say a site is ranking in the local pack at #3 for "auto detailer" and their website is ranking #8 for "auto detailer", Agency Analytics will show #3 as the ranking for the phrase "auto detailer". If they drop out of the local pack (and drop below #3) then Agency Analytics will show #8 as the ranking for the phrase "auto detailer". This is constantly showing large drops and increases in ranking that are not actually accurate.

Note: They do track Google Maps results separately but that is not the Local Pack on Google.com. I am also aware that other keyword trackers like Whitespark and BrightLocal do have this feature.

Let me just say that I really enjoy Agency Analytics because it makes my reporting super easy and they have many great integrations. I am posting this to see if any other Agency Analytics users are also not satisfied with the way the rank tracker works. I have shared this concern with Agency Analytics but it won't get much attention unless many people report this to Agency Analytics because "updates are based on user demand".

I am posting this to ask for some help. If you have an Agency Analytics account and would also like this feature, please open a ticket with Agency Analytics and let them know. Hopefully, it will get their attention.

Thank you!
Hey Dani, would you mind sharing what you ended up running with? Did you stick with Agency Analytics?

Thank you, Darren! How do your clients like receiving reports from Dashthis? Did it require any fancy customization or hacks to create a report they were pleased to use?
I think they're happy with the reports. No complaints, that's for sure. If you can get a client to open and look at ANY report you're winning, so the magic is really in the email we send that includes the link to the report and the PDF.

I think they're happy with the reports. No complaints, that's for sure. If you can get a client to open and look at ANY report you're winning, so the magic is really in the email we send that includes the link to the report and the PDF.
Thank you, Darren! One more question if you don't mind. I know WhiteSpark has an excellent rank reporting system, do you have that integrated somehow in Dashthis? I am trying to choose between Agency Analytics and DashThis and ranking reporting is important. AA's reporting is just not my cup of tea.

Hey Ross. We're actually working on that with them! I don't have an ETA I can give you, though.

Hey Ross. We're actually working on that with them! I don't have an ETA I can give you, though.
That's great news. Sadly, since it isn't scheduled yet for release, we will probably go with Agency Analytics since it has more native integrations and we need to choose soon. We'll just have to make it work with Bright Local for now. I hope we can make it clean enough!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom