More threads by Linda Buquet

With regards to the new guidelines and container stores, is it still permissible to have "company (inside Walmart)" as a listing business name? If not, shall it just be including in the description?

If a container store like Starbucks inside Safeway?

Then looks like it changed in the instructions for bulk upload which I think is the only place it was mentioned before too.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3370250?hl=en

"If your business is located within a mall or a container store (for example, a Starbucks inside a Safeway grocery store), do not include this information in the title. Only include the name of the core business in the location name (e.g. "Starbucks")."

The container store rule change makes a little more sense now, since we've been discussing malls in this other thread. If Google's really trying to identify the main structure the businesses are housed/contained in, then I can see why they wouldn't want you to include "company (inside Walmart)" within the title. They would already recognize you're inside Walmart (if they get it to work right) and peg that on the address for you.

Really good point Eric! I had not thought of that!

It actually wasn't until I got involved in the other thread, then re-read this thread that the thought occurred to me. It was kinda that light bulb moment when Google's logic started to make sense (at least my speculation).

Makes so much sense.

Just added your comment at the other thread to be sure the info is cross pollinated:
<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local/28737-google-local-mall-update-did-google-just-change-your-nap.html#post58290">Google Local Mall Update - Did Google just Change Your NAP?</a>

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom